Be my Valenslide? PENDING

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

sande
Ripe Meat

Be my Valenslide? PENDING

Post by sande »

from the LKT staff:

"ok, here is the deal.

Tidewater = Hampton Roads = Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, and Portsmouth.

For the sake of argument, the venue I am talking with is in either Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, or Norfolk. The reason I am not saying exactly where it is located, is because if it doesn't go as planned I have to pick an alternate location yet again, and this makes it less confusing (trust me), so we'll just stick with geographic regions. i.e. event in Tidewater. The lot looks similar in size to the side lot we used at Cloverleaf last spring.

Next thing, in order to make this event happen in such short notice I will have to front alot of money out of pocket without any idea of how many people will attend. If it was at VMP still, I wouldn't be worried because everyone knew in advance the location and specifics, now that the venue has changed I understand it may be closer/further for some entrants and that may make them change their decision about attending. What I am asking is that you pre-register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to help me get an idea on how many people are actually planning on attending. I will find out if this can event can happen on Tuesday. Then I have to make a decision on if we will have enough people attend and cut a check on Tuesdaypending their response. Therefore the more pre-registers I have by Tuesday the more likely I will be to front the money for this event. If I don't have enough pre-registered drivers, I will just have to cancel the event and issue everyone their refunds.

And whether or not this event happens, I am still planning an event for March. "

Here, because I am tired of people IMing me and guessing where are having the event it, I am trying to get it at the attached image. We would be using the lot on the left side if we get it, and there is only 2 light poles i think.

"We are still dedicated to having this event go on. It is however much more expensive than anything we've ever done if we use the baseball lot. You have nothing to lose by pre-registering so please, make it happen. We have 12 days to pull this off. I'm still looking at alternate locations that may be cheaper so stay tuned. Thanks for your support, without awsome people like you guys, drifting will not survive here in the states. Thanks again. "
Last edited by sande on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

More third gear slides?!? I'm there!
:D

* Hey... that's the day before my birthday! *
:!:
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

isn't that the same weekend as ocala?
CubanMike
Get Some

Post by CubanMike »

Is it still going to be cold?
Grease Munkey Drift & Speed
GreaseMunkeyFC@yahoo.com
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

it is the same weekend and it will be c-c-cold! I plan on staying in my car 90% of the time :)
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Oh shxxxt! I dunno if I'm going to be able to make it after all!
>:/

I'm tied up in Atlanta Saturday night (19th) - and by the time I'm set to jet... I'd get to Virginia at 8am with no sleep - aand have to be at work on Monday (no sleep on the trip back).

Ack! I want to go soooo bad. Grrrr... this sux.
:(
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

if the ocala event gets cancelled as it's looking like it might then i'm heading to VA :D . my main reason for going to ocala is to be able to head back sat night and go to batlground on sunday for the "grand opening".... oh and be able to make it back for work on monday. :wink:
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I'm trying to work out some logistics... I'm tied up here Saturday evening - but I'm not sure until what time just yet. I really really really want to make it up there. I may be able to head up Saturday evening and get there late stylee. The Monday following the event is my birthday in which... I don't really want to work anyway - so I might ask for it off. I'll have to see, though - I guess it all depends on when I'm free on Saturday night. I'm really pulling for it, though.
:)
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

I am sorry to inform you that the event scheduled for February 20, 2005 at Virginia Motorsports Park will be cancelled. All pre-registered drivers will be REFUNDED IN FULL.
The venue has cancelled our February and March events, and any other future drift events at VMP. Reason for this is that they have just recently decided to repaint the lot effective immediately and once that is completed, we are not going to be allowed to slide there anymore. I tried to see if they could postpone the painting until after the 20th, but was unsuccessful in persuading them. Me and Mike have also spent the last two days trying to land another venue to hold the event at in relative distance to VMP, but because of the short notice given to us, we are unable to do so. We are planning an event in March at another venue and as soon as I have the specifics I will let you know.
If you know of a venue and want us to hold one there, feel free to call or email me and I will see what I can do.

and btw, I think this blows as much as the rest of you, and I will not hold/attend another event at VMP after the way this was handled.

Brian
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

damn, that sucks!!! now that ocala was out, i was actually thinking pretty seriously about trying to make the trip up there.

i guess the good side is i'll save a little money (as i am pretty broke right now) and i'll get to catch the batlground party.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

:(

I was just digitizing some of the footage from the FOERST Slide of '05, thinking "Damn - what an awesome day... I cannot WAIT to get back up there and romp that back section again". I'm bummed out that it's been cancelled, and we'll never slide there again. I was stoked to get some high-speed practice in with the cage installed. Oh well... everything happens for a reason - and I guess it just wasn't meant to happen there anymore. I'm sure they'll work out a new venue that will kick more arse than that one. It's their loss. :)

Aaaand... now I can be there for the Batlground GRAAAAAND opening!!!
Saweeeeeet!
:D
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

good thing i preregistered for ocala :D . anyone wanna come along to keep me company and do some video work? :wink:
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

didn't it get cancelled too?
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

CodyW wrote:didn't it get cancelled too?
yes but there is super secret suirrel kinda stuff going on... therefore i'm still going. i'll PM you the details as kyle doesn't want it to become puplic knowledge.
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

from the LKT staff:

"ok, here is the deal.

Tidewater = Hampton Roads = Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, and Portsmouth.

For the sake of argument, the venue I am talking with is in either Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, or Norfolk. The reason I am not saying exactly where it is located, is because if it doesn't go as planned I have to pick an alternate location yet again, and this makes it less confusing (trust me), so we'll just stick with geographic regions. i.e. event in Tidewater. The lot looks similar in size to the side lot we used at Cloverleaf last spring.

Next thing, in order to make this event happen in such short notice I will have to front alot of money out of pocket without any idea of how many people will attend. If it was at VMP still, I wouldn't be worried because everyone knew in advance the location and specifics, now that the venue has changed I understand it may be closer/further for some entrants and that may make them change their decision about attending. What I am asking is that you pre-register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to help me get an idea on how many people are actually planning on attending. I will find out if this can event can happen on Tuesday. Then I have to make a decision on if we will have enough people attend and cut a check on Tuesdaypending their response. Therefore the more pre-registers I have by Tuesday the more likely I will be to front the money for this event. If I don't have enough pre-registered drivers, I will just have to cancel the event and issue everyone their refunds.

And whether or not this event happens, I am still planning an event for March. "

Here, because I am tired of people IMing me and guessing where are having the event it, I am trying to get it at the attached image. We would be using the lot on the left side if we get it, and there is only 2 light poles i think.

"We are still dedicated to having this event go on. It is however much more expensive than anything we've ever done if we use the baseball lot. You have nothing to lose by pre-registering so please, make it happen. We have 12 days to pull this off. I'm still looking at alternate locations that may be cheaper so stay tuned. Thanks for your support, without awsome people like you guys, drifting will not survive here in the states. Thanks again. "