Mountain run from 6/5/04 .....

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

DropTopDrifter
Fresh Meat

Mountain run from 6/5/04 .....

Post by DropTopDrifter »

Sorry I had to dip early, me and Ron had a killer time on the way back.. balls to the wall and not a cop in sight! w00t! Too bad Ron steped out a little too far on 60 though... he tapped the guard rail and incurred minor damage to the left rear quarter/bumper/taillight.

I still want to see if anyone has a pic of me going through that intersection!

Cody, hope ya got back home alright after everything was said and done. So... what did i miss after i left??
Its just a Miata.....

ImageImage
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

We've got video of you sliding through that hairpin... Probably won't be up for a little bit because it has to be digitized and such...We'll have to ask tyler since he's the one with the video camera!

Sucks about Ron's car:( But as long as everyone was ok and the damage is fixable, I guess it's all good. Better than totalling the car and getting arrested:)

I'm going to try and get some photos up late tonight.
xonn
Fresh Meat

Post by xonn »

I'm going out of town monday for 2 weeks, so I'll drop it off at the body shop before I leave. 2 weeks should be enough time for them to get it fixed. Mike and I had a blast though coming down the mountain. Well worth the price of admission :wink: I was probably pushing the car a little harder than I should have considering the little seat time that I have in it, but that's the price you pay. When I get back we gotta go do that again man... :twisted: I need a 5 speed tranny... BTW how did the Black s14 work out. I take it you were able to get it home without much trouble?

Pics of the damage...
Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers...

http://ciphermonk.net
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

damm, that sucks but hope it all works out.

and yea, we had my car towed back so it was alright too (thanks again nobody!).

other than that (and being really sore from the karts), i did have a blast though :).
xonn
Fresh Meat

Post by xonn »

glad to hear that you got the car back ok. If it's just rod bearings, then that's an easy and faily cheap fix. If it's Just hope that the body shop doesn't rape me too badly on the repairs... :shock:
Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers...

http://ciphermonk.net
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

yea, i hope it ends up being affordable.

and nobody, could you post or send me the pics of my car on the tow truck when you get a chance? i think they'll make a funny sig for a little while :).
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS? I pulled out of the gas station with nobody behind me and then she slowed down. So, I thought everyone was trying to pull out together and I slowed down. Then I stopped. Then I waited for a few minutes. Then I went back to the gas station and everyone was gone. And I was all alone. And there was a kid in a tree playing a banjo. Uhhh...I gotta get outta here! I went the only other way back to 400 but never did find you guys. Anyway, I didn't want everyone to think that I split without saying bye. The whole day was lots of fun, especially the run up the mountain with Hooman. That was one of the funnest mountain runs ever. So, when's the next one.
Beans and cornbread.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

hahaha!!! a kid in a tree with a banjo, we should've been there for that!
and sorry we lost you, but things got real confusing right as my car was going on the tow truck (the trucker guy was yelling at us and saying he was gonna call the sheriff for having our cars in their parking lot) and we all took off kinda fast.
hopefully my car will be back together soon and then i'm down for another one (or if not, i'll just ride along with someone again, that was cool too).
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Man...
What a day. I'm soo battered from the karts, I can stillll hardly move!
A great time nonetheless.

I'll try and get the pictures up within the next coupla days.
We've got some video from the track...
as well as me understeering into the grass.
We'll have to get the rest of the NTSC from Neos.

I'm glad we got Cody's ride back safe'n'sound... Ron, I hope your rally damage isn't too bad.
(BTW Ron gets crazy props for enduring the whole hour behind the wheel of those body bashing karts)
It was cool running around the mountains for a sec, and meeting some new people.
We'll have to organize another enduroKart event soon!!! {as soon as I heal up... lol!}
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

HA, GODDAMN NIGGA! YOU NEED SOME FOOD IN YOU!!!

hmm, i think i should slap a Not Work Safe on this thread, just another exuse for u you get nakky for us.

*waves 5 bucks in the air* SHAKE IT!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA
OutDriveU
Ripe Meat

Post by OutDriveU »

Got damn!!!!! And I thought I was bad with a stiff neck from 2hrs in the F500 Car Friday. You might want to invest in one of those kart rib vests/protectors.

schedule another one of those races. Was the track any good.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

OutDriveU wrote:You might want to invest in one of those kart rib vests/protectors.
schedule another one of those races. Was the track any good.
NO. The track was crap. But the karts and lack of attention was excellent for a one hour drift session. There was a hairpin at the end of the front straight that was perfect for it. I'm going to bring my Dainese back protector and turn it sideways next time.

Hey Andy, PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON DUDE!
Beans and cornbread.
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

[

Hey Andy, PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON DUDE![/quote]

lololololololololol i have to live with the guy he's just walkin around chasing me with that nasty bruise. ahahahahha

hey chris did i blow any flames on your front bumper? I think I melted your grille but you need a new bumper anyway right?!?!

The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
speedminded
Fresh Meat

Post by speedminded »

I have the same bruise but it's like smaller than a silver dollar...I think it was from when I slid against the wall hard that one time. The Karting was fun but 4 sessions and 4 differant karts gets annoying...every single one seemed completely differant handling/traction, steering, and power wise but still a blast. Sideways is the only way :D
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

haha...that bruise owns mine, but i am still pretty sore all around.
i do kinda want to go back and work on my kart drifting skills next time, the grip driving was getting kinda boring after a while.