Dyno4mance Import Dyno Day June 26

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

charlie
Eet Bacon

Dyno4mance Import Dyno Day June 26

Post by charlie »

http://dyno4mance.com/news/Honda_Dyno_Day.php

Just saw this on the SE forums. Anybody interested? I know there aren't many AWD dynos in ATL and according to some the Dyno Dynamics is an ego bruiser but I'm curious. Is $100 the average price for a pull? I hear this place has the results projected and stadium seating or something which is pretty cool.

I just hope I can get my Hondata in time for the event.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

$100 for ONE pull? Or many? It's much cheaper at Gwinnet. I think you get somewhere between 3 to 5 pulls for 100 bucks. And if you are two wheel drive, Batlground will give you 5 pulls for 55 dollars! So that place seems sort of on the high side.

damn AWD dynos being so expensive! I'm heading down to tampa in mid July to visit friends and I'm going to be taking my car to Mastro. They've got good dyno prices, and they're the braille distributor w00t! If anyone wants me to bring back those lightweight batteries, carbon kevlar hoods, or the braille carbon kevlar recaro seats that weigh 13 pounds a piece let me know! I will bring back the goodies for you.
airBORNE
Fresh Meat

Post by airBORNE »

Hey, If you guys are looking for braille parts, we are actually good friends with blake fuller (the owner of braille) and prepped his car for the "one lap of america".
We can get those lightweight batteries for you anytime.
Anyway, I have heard nothing but good things about dyno4mance. Check out their site, i believe it is http://www.dyno4mance.com or something like that. The guy who owns it is a British guy named Andrew and he is super cool. We may actually be putting together a dyno day with them, so we can get like 5 cars in there with discounted rates. Anyways, see all you guys at the thing at commerce. Make sure to check out our WRX.

-Patrick
http://www.airbornemotorsports.com

"Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

[quote="nobody"]If anyone wants me to bring back those lightweight batteries, carbon kevlar hoods, or the braille carbon kevlar recaro seats that weigh 13 pounds a piece let me know! I will bring back the goodies for you.
quote]

Ha, if for free get me a hood and seat please =D hehehe
jo

Post by jo »

hahah nothing is free in life:)

Roy: I don't doubt that these guys are awesome. They're website and credentials definitely are impressive. It's just the number of pulls for the money that worries me, that's all. If it's numerous pulls at that cost, then I think it's awesome. However, it doesn't say much on the site. A phone call would easily clear this up for sure-- but I've already got arrangements for Mastro so it's not a huge deal to me anyhow:)

Awesome you can get the braille stuff! I'm glad we have a distributor up here. Do you only carry the battery? Or do you also have any of blake's other products?
Dyno4mance
Fresh Meat

Post by Dyno4mance »

Hey Guys
This is Andrew at dyno4mance...thanks for the interest in our brand new shop located just off I75 north of Atlanta.
Our dyno day on the 26th is open to all import cars... although we are quickly filling up our places.
We are charging $85.00 for 2 wheel drive cars and $100.00 for AWD for this you will get at least 5 or 6 pulls. We will provide graphs that will include power and torque at the wheels, estimated power and torque at the flywheel, air fuel, and boost (on forced cars)...all cars that participate will appear on our "your cars" section of our web site.
http://www.dyno4mance.com/tuning/yourca ... ubishi.php
For an additional $50.00 we have a local tuner on hand that can optimize your hondata, apexi (v) AFC/II and power FC.
We are also having a cookout and we will feed all participants....
spectators are welcome...
Please feel free to call me at the shop on (706) 602 8881 to get on the list or if you have further questions.
regards
Andrew At Dyno4mance
jo

Post by jo »

Hey Andrew! Glad to have you here. Your shop definitely looks impressive, and I'd love to bring my STi by sometime for some tuning once I get more done to it power wise. Thanks for clearing up the number of pulls, it didn't really say much on the site so I wasn't sure. The number of AWD pulls for the money is great.

I definitely want to come out to the event, but since I've only really done suspension mods on my car, there isn't much use in dynoing it yet:)

Maybe we should bring the hachi and see what that beast puts down lol...
Dyno4mance
Fresh Meat

Post by Dyno4mance »

I will have to disagree with you....the best time to dyno a car is prior to mods, this way an acurate baseline can be established and the performance parts you go on to buy in the future can then be justified.
:lol: :lol: not trying to make a sale....just a point, anyway you are quite welcome to come and hang out even if you don't run
Have you seen the STi we ran at our recnt dyno day with our guest tuner Shiv from Vishnu Tuning California?
http://www.dyno4mance.com/tuning/yourcars/subaru.php
regards
Andrew At Dyno4mance
sam
Ripe Meat

Post by sam »

Hey nobody, see if you can get a half-price dyno for your guys hatchi-go, with the open diff and all, it being one wheel drive

Also... I'm tempted to drag my corolla out for a dyno, once I fix the diff.
*sings* my corolla breaks down more than your corolla!
jo

Post by jo »

It's not a hachi go! The VIN is JT2AE86 ;)
sam
Ripe Meat

Post by sam »

nobody wrote:It's not a hachi go! The VIN is JT2AE86 ;)
Well then I got screwed, because my vin is JT2AE88. The Hachi Roku comes from the AE86L frame. Which you've probably got. Hatchi Go comes from the SR5/base corolla being much less than the AE86.
*sings* my corolla breaks down more than your corolla!