May 29th-30th Drift Miami Showoff - TSUCHIYA WILL BE THERE!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

haha...that pic is awesome andy :).

and i'm still leaning toward making the trip down there with you guys if thats cool. one of my friends (barry with the S13) is also thinking about coming and if yall still have some extra room, i'm sure he'd love to ride along as well.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Sure thing, yo!
Bring it on!!!

It's gonna be a blast!
{I'm sooo stoked I can't sleep at night!}

I think I'm gonna sticker my car up for the weekend.
It should be pretty funny.
:lol:
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

Ok miami people.....this is what is on my list to bring so far, so if you can think of anything I'm forgetting let me know!

Sunscreen
cd's
Folding Chair
Cooler
batteries for two ways
Camera/ipod battery charger
swimsuit [hotel pool and beach!]
Air mattress and extra blanket/pillow
cell phone charger
still cameras and video cams
backpack to bring into the speedway
towel [since 2 of us are only "technically" staying in the hotel room;]
moneY! [tolls, gas, merchandise, hookers, crack, etc:P]

Drift Mechaniks propaganda to give out --> shirts, stickers, buttons, flyers [did we ever do a 1/4 page, andy?]

Thank god I've got a 4 door with a huge trunk now! I definitely have to wait to install my rear strut bar to save space.

We are actually going to be missing Batlground's dyno day since it is on Sunday.... so there is nothing to rush back to, I guess. We will be 20 minutes from the keys if anyone cares to maybe stay another night and get some snorkelling/beach on. Just a thought!

ok I'm so excited now!:D
shuya
Fresh Meat

Post by shuya »

-
Last edited by shuya on Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

nobody wrote:Drift Mechaniks propaganda to give out --> shirts, stickers, buttons, flyers [did we ever do a 1/4 page, andy?]
:(
Nope... unfortunately with all the commotion in trying to get ready for the event, there hasn't been time to bust a quarterPage flyer out. I might be ble to whip something together today... but it wouldn't be back until 8am tomorrow morning.

I did manage to get some new stickers made!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Map of Miami Homestead Speedway

Post by andysapp »

andysapp
I need to go outside

Time Schedule for DriftShowoff

Post by andysapp »

jo

Post by jo »

ahhh that sticker RULES! hahahaha... I'm afraid people are going to confuse it with DRFT, but if you did DRIFT the letters wouldn't match up with dare. Time to get that sticker on all the hachis like we did last time! It will go great with Alex Pfeiffer's "how is my drifting? 1-800-555-SLIDE!" sticker.

any word from rob on the infield tip?

Hotel is confirmed! They have no non-smoking rooms available as of right now, but I have a request in for one. Hopefully it won't be too gross if we don't get one=/ I guess everything is getting slammed with the event this weekend.
jo

Post by jo »

And your weather forcast....

Florida City, FL [Homestead]
93°F

UV Index:
10+ Extreme [rock the sunscreen, people!]

Humidity:
50%

Wind:
From the West at 12 mph

May 28
Sunny
92°/69°
0 % chance of rain

Sat
May 29
Sunny
93°/70°
20 % chance of rain

Sun
May 30
Mostly Sunny
94°/72°
20 % chance of rain
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Haha... yeah, I'm sure some people will get it confused...
at least the confusion is in our favor!

I spoke with Mainstream Productions, and the "Display Only" entry for the IgnitionShowoff (carshow) is $30/day. Online registration has closed, so you would have to register at the gate. They advised me that there are PLENNNTY of spaces, so it won't be an issue to register onsite.

I know I have one extra entry plus pit access for a passenger. They have to be with me when I sign in Saturday morning at 7am.
jo

Post by jo »

Ok well I guess I can swing the 30 bucks each day so we can have a "base camp" in the car show area. I guess we'll all be going at 7am, unless the hotel has a shuttle for the other kids. I guess the laptop is coming now, too! Time to take tons of photos!

Good lord I need to buy a case of red bull!

I might actually go to target and try to buy one of those tent/awning things to set up over the car and seating area to chill and hand out stickers and buttons, plus it might be a good idea to actually try and lay some shirts out to sell this time;P It's going to be a scorcher, and there looks like there's going to be some dead time. Haha I want to make a big dM flag to fly over the tent lol.
Last edited by jo on Thu May 27, 2004 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

My car is 75% ready to go!

I just got back from UnitedBMW:Roswell, with fresh brakePads, rotors and oil. I had the old tyres off the busted 540i wheels re-mounted to my type44's... so I'll be ready to attack the weekend with four spare 17's and my 18's ta boot.

Now all I have to do is install the swayBars (BIG thanks to Hooman & UnitedBMW for removing the stock bars)... run some test'n'tune sessions tonight, and I'll be set to jet!

Oooh, I almost forgot... my gawdy chrome vinyl is cut at the shop, and ready to be sprayed and squeegeed!

I might make the trip with the type44's on the rear... I haven't decided yet.
jo

Post by jo »

What would be the drawbacks to not using the 44's on the rear on the way down? You wouldn't wear your azenis' out that fast on the drive i wouldn't think!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

nobody wrote:Good lord I need to buy a case of red bull!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

nobody wrote:What would be the drawbacks to not using the 44's on the rear on the way down? You wouldn't wear your azenis' out that fast on the drive i wouldn't think!
Yeah, they won't really wear on the trip... I'm thinking that I want to start the session Saturday morning with the Type44's... so if I have'm mounted on the car for the trip down... I wouldn't have to mess with swapping wheels at 7:30am.