Interest Poll - AL Drift Event

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Would you be Interested in driving in a Central abalambala Event?

Very Interested
28%
Might be Interested (Please Explain)
61%
Not Interested
11%

Total votes: 18

struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

square dancing is the shit.....
i like to mix mine up with a little of c-walk...
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

ChukiDori wrote:Here is an image of the crampton bowl area

I would like to do it here. From what I hear the Police department does their driving exercises there on occasion. Seems like a good place

Rhoad and I looked at this lot a couple of years ago and I talked to the lady in charge of leasing it out.

FOERST, the lot was small to have a good turn out.
2, it's super rough. It looks good here but is rough as hell in person. Worse than Greenville, SC.
three, The lady started with a great price around $600ish but then started adding all these stupid charges like ambulance service, clean up and break down fees, security fees, etc,. It was gonna be like $1700-1800 for the day before it was all over. Not worth it for a 250'x425' cheese grater lot.

Not trying to shoot you down. Just trying to keep you going in the right direction.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

If it is worse than Greenville I would not go.
That lot was pretty much BEIRUT.
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

was it so bad that after the event they would need to repave it and need to be swept with a brush truck halfway (og SEDA members know where i mean)
You've got the wrong answer
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

ChadMK4 wrote:Image
Not worth it for a 250'x425' cheese grater lot.
Is it the lot at the bottom of the picture? Because that looks pretty big. But if its worse than Greenville that will be awful on tires.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

marlow<12 wrote:was it so bad that after the event they would need to repave it and need to be swept with a brush truck halfway (og SEDA members know where i mean)
YES. It was like a tornado dumped it's payload in the lot, lol. I'm surprised people didn't get injured from flying objects. I totally destroyed the inside of my aero parts because of all the rocks and shit hitting the fiberglass.
Zigerus
Clam Salesman

Post by Zigerus »

andysapp wrote:
marlow<12 wrote:was it so bad that after the event they would need to repave it and need to be swept with a brush truck halfway (og SEDA members know where i mean)
YES. It was like a tornado dumped it's payload in the lot, lol. I'm surprised people didn't get injured from flying objects. I totally destroyed the inside of my aero parts because of all the rocks and shit hitting the fiberglass.
Sounds like Rally...... I'm in as long as there are people on the outside of the corner's for me to aim at.
Control Freaks!~ http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throttle fixes everything. Love is kissing your rear bumper into a snowbank at 40 mph and not leaving a scratch. If hookers carried active differentials in their purses and knew how to use 'em, I wouldn't be married. Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem. Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer. If the car isn't moving around under power, you are a small, testicle-free squirrel. The handbrake fixes everything left-foot braking doesn't fix, including philosophical issues with most major religions and the heartbreakingly impossible question of what you should have for dinner*.