Interest Poll - AL Drift Event

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Would you be Interested in driving in a Central abalambala Event?

Very Interested
28%
Might be Interested (Please Explain)
61%
Not Interested
11%

Total votes: 18

ChukiDori
Fresh Meat

Interest Poll - AL Drift Event

Post by ChukiDori »

Hi guys! Ive been a member here for a good while and unfortunately i'm not as active as I should be, as a result I'm not quite sure how many, if any abalambala drivers are on this forum but I want to put word out on as many sites as possible. Any who let me introduce myself again.

My name is Holden and I am a Montgomery, AL resident. I have a plan in development to host a drift event in the Montgomery area. A lot of things still need to be worked out If I am to personally host an event but at the very least I can help pave the way for more experienced people to expand into our area.

Before I am willing to secure any venue I need to gauge interest for such an event so I can go about this seriously and while attracting drivers from neighboring regions is a possibility (and I encourage anyone interested to submit your vote) I really need to rely on other abalambala drivers for this poll.

Unfortunately for our state so far, every drift event that has been held has been nothing but a farce. I'm lucky to have a handful of skilled drivers who are already interested in participating but I need more support if I am to go about securing a venue. I want this to be an event for everyone regardless of skill level to learn in a safe and fun environment where a set course would be established , this would NOT be a skid pad exercise. I estimate the event will take place sometime in the spring or early summer. It all depends on how quickly we can get the ball rolling before I will know more.

I have Polls going on various internet venues, And If i can get the ball rolling and get a decent amount of interested people by the end of next month I will see what I can do about securing a venue and determining cost. Please Submit your vote if you are interested (do not vote twice if you have voted on another site) and I will compile all results into one poll. Your vote really means a lot and will go a long way toward promoting this sports reputation and integrity in the region and above all help get kids off the streets.

Thanks, Holden.
Driving Cars is like riding a Bicycle. Its just a little harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

I think most people on here would agree that we would be interested but it depends on the details. Many of us here regularly attend other states for drift events.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
ChukiDori
Fresh Meat

Post by ChukiDori »

I am sorry I do not have more details. Ive been talking to Marcos at SEDA about this and we both agree if this event will have any chance of success and prospering I must make sure enough abalambala drivers would be interested FOERST.

These polls will be open for a month to assess interest. If I get enough interest to Justify getting a venue, I will start getting more details. Its a high risk for me otherwise, You understand? Marcos has approached various venues here before as have friends of mine in the past and have been turned away, thats why I want all my ducks in a row and something solid to present to the owners.

Thanks again

- Holden
Driving Cars is like riding a Bicycle. Its just a little harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
Zigerus
Clam Salesman

Post by Zigerus »

down_shift wrote:I think most people on here would agree that we would be interested but it depends on the details. Many of us here regularly attend other states for drift events.
+1
Control Freaks!~ http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throttle fixes everything. Love is kissing your rear bumper into a snowbank at 40 mph and not leaving a scratch. If hookers carried active differentials in their purses and knew how to use 'em, I wouldn't be married. Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem. Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer. If the car isn't moving around under power, you are a small, testicle-free squirrel. The handbrake fixes everything left-foot braking doesn't fix, including philosophical issues with most major religions and the heartbreakingly impossible question of what you should have for dinner*.
ChukiDori
Fresh Meat

Post by ChukiDori »

Cool. Hey guys if you don't mind could you post up your general location please with your comments and votes. I accidentally omitted this from my earlier post.

Thanks
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

city of atl.

voted maybe please explain. if that means i explain-where in bama and whats the course/lot/whatever like and when
skylinesx
Ripe Meat

Post by skylinesx »

interested....
1991 nissan 240sx
-rb25det, greddy, kakimoto, apexi, seibon
-1995 nissan pathfinder
www.jarcoinc.com(O=O)/RPS13\(O=O)Herzog Performance fab.
peanut
Fresh Meat
Location: a land where you must exclude yourself from the dumbasses.

Post by peanut »

from north al. we won't have to roll through the hood to get there will we? if so, i'm running lights. otherwise, i'm interested depending on circumstances.

btw, myself a few others are trying to get something legitimate started up here. everything so far has been... exhibitions and laughing stocks at the least. if everything gets going proper for the state, it would be great. keep me informed of further progress.
hachi rokus make me horny.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

What ever happened to U-drift.com? I guess Chris wasn't able to get it off the ground?
I would come if there was a decently organized event there? I would advise bringing in seasoned organizer to set it up the FOERST time or so. SEDA, Drift411.com or DG. Check out the old Horse Track. That would be a baller lot if someone was able to lock that venue down. They have TONS of asphalt!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 9&t=h&z=17

<iframe></iframe><br><small><a>View Larger Map</a></small>
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

entirely depends on date/venue/cost. if it's a tiny sliver of asphalt that's 4 hours from ATL and it costs $100, you're not going to get much interest. if it's a huge lot that could be utilized for a fast/fun course and the price is reasonable, well you get the idea. judging interest with no kind of concrete info other than it'll be in the state of abalambala isn't going to get you the information you need.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

My vote is for parking garages.
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

lol, i slid my FC and my s13 in the ACA parking deck a few times. that shit was sketch as fuck. i don't think those steel cables would have kept me from going off.

if i had a slidey car still i'd be interested, but alas i break all my toys.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

The Promenade deck on 15th?! I used to e-brake slide me Neon in that deck on the roof. Instant pants-shitter for unassuming passengers.
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

same one. i nearly gave my college roommate a heart attack the FOERST time i did it with him in the car lol. with the FC my record for setting off car alarms with my exhaust was 12, and i also used to play this game where i would drive close enough to parked cars on the turns so that i could slap them with my hand. i was dumb. i miss that deck. i used to hang out on the very top and just check out the skyline. i used to have to park the FC up there facing downhill so when the injectors flooded i could kick start it and force it to run. i don't know how that car lasted as long as it did.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I used to chill on top of that deck too. Good times back then. I swear that skyline view made me love Atlanta all over again.

Funny thing... my dad works in the Promenade building now, and parks in that garage every day.
:D