formula D in Europe ?

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Abactus
Rock Smoke

formula D in Europe ?

Post by Abactus »

June 09 in great britain ?

read something about that on another board

are there any official comments ?
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I'm not sure... I honestly haven't been paying too much attention to anything pro lately. Personally I would like to see them do more US gigs... because I don't think out-of-the-country events are fair to the privateer guys. But expansion is good too, so it's a toss-up.
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

andysapp wrote:I don't think out-of-the-country events are fair to the privateer guys.
yep, that's what I was thinking too

not that I wouldn't like to see the FD guys drift over here...

as we already have the IDS, the EDC,...*) another series would be just more confusing. they should focus on the existing series to get drift racing more populare in Europe instead of making new stuff every year (quality instead of quantity).
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

*)

ok, what was is last year:

- XD Benelux
- Kamikaze Cup Street Legal
- XD Holland vs. Belgium Drift Battle
- XD Japan vs. Germany Drift Battle
- XD TOP 32 ALL STAR Tournement
- Pro Drift Europe
- IDC Germany
- NL Invitationals
- EDC UK
- KOE
- ... (don't know if I forgot some..)

Image Image Image

actually I don't think, that even half of the events will survive the next few years... :roll:
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I think you're right in several ways. The economy is hurting... the auto industry especially... so we will see a trimming of fat of sorts in the next year.

I agree that focus is the key. Import drag racing basically killed itself here, when too many sanctioning bodies (well... two really) began competing. Drivers and spectators didn't know which ones to attend, and it fizzled out fast.

I think FD does a great job... and in America, the ARE the series to compete in. I definitely want to see more accessibility to the grassroots drivers having a shot. They are accommodating that this year much better I think.
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

newz:

no FD in europe :(
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i think FD is in peurto rico this weekend. FUN!
please believe
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

P.Haire wrote:i think FD is sponsored by peurto rican RUM!
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

andysapp wrote:I agree that focus is the key. Import drag racing basically killed itself here, when too many sanctioning bodies (well... two really) began competing.

I think FD does a great job... and in America, the ARE the series to compete in.
Well what about when D1 gets a foothold and people start wondering about which one of those to go to? Not to mention D1UG and Pro-Am.

But I am with you on the "more events in America" thing. They have seven events a year - NASCAR will have that many events in about two months. I don't see what's stopping them from doing an event every two weeks.
Dr. Marlow wrote:i take in crons and spit out dick rides
Greg wrote:the pink hole isn't big enough, although I do fancy a little rumpy pumpy.
Black Guy wrote:See that WPS in the background? Stands for white people shit. Not my problem.
mischivous::home
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Team budgets cant handle the extra rounds. Interview with Ryan Sage mentioned the fact that teams have asked to keep the number of rounds as-is.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

down_shift wrote:Team budgets cant handle the extra rounds. Interview with Ryan Sage mentioned the fact that teams have asked to keep the number of rounds as-is.
SERIOUSLY?! They have the budget to build $75,000 to $200,000 (est.) drift machines but they cant pack them up in a trailer and drive them to another state? They make the tires the drivers are destroying so that doesn't cost them as much as if they were buying them, I don't see where the money's going.
Greg wrote:the pink hole isn't big enough, although I do fancy a little rumpy pumpy.
Black Guy wrote:See that WPS in the background? Stands for white people shit. Not my problem.
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

Mischif wrote:
down_shift wrote:Team budgets cant handle the extra rounds. Interview with Ryan Sage mentioned the fact that teams have asked to keep the number of rounds as-is.
SERIOUSLY?! They have the budget to build $75,000 to $200,000 (est.) drift machines but they cant pack them up in a trailer and drive them to another state? They make the tires the drivers are destroying so that doesn't cost them as much as if they were buying them, I don't see where the money's going.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

From my experience... even one round a month is cutting it close. By the time you travel back from an event... fix/prep your car for the next, pack up, and travel to the next one... you just barrrrely make it.
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

andysapp wrote:From my experience... even one round a month is cutting it close. By the time you travel back from an event... fix/prep your car for the next, pack up, and travel to the next one... you just barrrrely make it.
What's there to prep? Assuming nothing breaks and you don't hit anything, all I can see that you have to do is mount new tires on some wheels, wash the car to get the tire off and hire two asian hookers and a donkey if you won; that shouldn't take a month.
And do the pro drivers go home between rounds? If they took that out they might be able to have more than one event a month.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Mischif wrote:What's there to prep? Assuming nothing breaks and you don't hit anything
you're assuming A LOT there ;). if nothing breaks one round you still need to go over the car to make sure it won't break the next. a lot of things can go wrong when you beat the car to death every time you drive it.