02.21.2009 [practice event] VIR - Patriot Course

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

conspire
Fresh Meat

02.21.2009 [practice event] VIR - Patriot Course

Post by conspire »

Saturday, February 22nd, 2009
at VIRginia International Raceway
1245 Pine Tree Road
Alton, VA 24520

ADMISSION:
Either free or $10, depends on the track's policy.

DETAILS:
This is event is a one day practice event and is the perfect chance for you to test/tune your car before the 2009 season fully kicks off. Total on-track time is 8 hours, not counting a lunch hour from 12N-1PM. All entrants must be 18+ years or older* and an active member of the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) in order to participate in this event. You can become a member at NASA's website. Memberships are valid for one full year and include a subscription to GrassRoots Magazine (a $19.95 value), as well as several other benefits and discounts listed on their site (you will also be helping by supporting a racing organization that helps the sport of drifting). All drivers/passengers are required to wear long pants, closed toe shoes, and long sleeve shirts while on track per NASA HPDE and VIR rules. Approved helmets are required for all drivers/passengers and are not provided.

REGISTRATION*:
Drivers must be 18+ years or older, drivers 16-17 must have parent/guardian present and fill out additional paperwork.
Preregistration: You may preregister online here; the cost is $125 (save $50). Preregistration ends on Saturday, February 7th, 2009.
Late Registration: You may preregister online here; the cost is $150 (save $25). Late registration ends on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009.
Event Day: Bring a government photo ID and you may register at the drivers' registration booth. Event day price is $175 and pending available spaces remain.

FORMAT:
The event will have 3 run groups: A, B, and C (~10 cars per group) and run in 40 minute sessions throughout the day. Drivers that have approved safety equipment may run with other drivers (also with approved safety equipment) on track for tandem or team runs. We will also be grouping drivers (as best we can) on skill level to make the sessions more efficient.

SCHEDULE:
***All drivers' meetings will be held at the drivers' registration booth located in the garage at the red barn next to the paddock.
7:00AM - Gates open for drivers/crew
7:05AM - Registration/Check-in
7:15AM - Technical Inspections
7:45AM - Drivers' meeting (MANDATORY)
8:00AM - Gates open for general admission
8:00AM - 8:40AM - Group A
8:40AM - 9:20AM - Group B
9:20AM - 10:00AM - Group C
10:00AM - 10:40AM - Group A
10:40AM - 11:20AM - Group B
11:20AM - 12:00PM - Group C
12:00PM - 1:00PM - Lunch
1:00PM - 1:40PM - Group A
1:40PM - 2:20PM - Group B
2:20PM - 3:00PM - Group C
3:00PM - 3:40PM - Group A
3:40PM - 4:20PM - Group B
4:20PM - 5:00PM - Group C
6:00PM - Gates closed

MISC:
Volunteers interested in helping out with this event, please email brian@usdrift.com. All volunteers must be 18+ years old.
Sponsorship inquiries for this event should be directed to brian@usdrift.com or call 804-545-2822.
Any event questions or concerns, please contact mike@usdrift.com.
All media requests must be sent to media@usdrift.com. All media requests are subject to approval from USD and must meet all requirements set forth in the USD Media Application found on the USD website, under forms.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Sweet! My birthday is on a Saturday this year.
:D

I probably won't be able to make this because of work... but it would be rad.
conspire
Fresh Meat

Post by conspire »

yea i cant remember the last time ive seen you at an event. it might have been a seda one in 06
David Adams
Stale Meat

Post by David Adams »

I might actually try to make this one, I've never seen the inside of VIR before, I'd love to give it a go!
I am, the most interesting man in the world.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

conspire wrote:yea i cant remember the last time ive seen you at an event. it might have been a seda one in 06
Not true!!! The US Drift event at Rockingham in '07!
:D

With my old job(s) I made my own hours and could basically travel wherever. I can't so much with the new gig. Pros and cons to everything, I guess.
conspire
Fresh Meat

Post by conspire »

oh yea!!1 wasn't really our event, but I completely forgot that one. that town sucked, everything closed at 10
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Yeah it did. Out in the middle of nowhere too. I wonder if the track across the street would be rad for drifting.
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

conspire wrote:oh yea!!1 wasn't really our event, but I completely forgot that one. that town sucked, everything closed at 10

Holy crap how can you say that when there is Sara's Saloon!!!!!
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

martymartymarty.net wrote:
conspire wrote:oh yea!!1 wasn't really our event, but I completely forgot that one. that town sucked, everything closed at 10

Holy crap how can you say that when there is Sara's Saloon!!!!!
story time
conspire
Fresh Meat

Post by conspire »

martymartymarty.net wrote:Holy crap how can you say that when there is Sara's Saloon!!!!!
HAHAHA!!1
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I heard about that place. Wasn't Sara an amputee or something crazy?
Ray took her to the hotel?
Profit?
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

andysapp wrote:I heard about that place. Wasn't Sara an amputee or something crazy?
Ray took her to the hotel?
mesiah?
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I think there was a gun involved.
bradt
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bradt »

andysapp wrote:I think there was cocaine involved.
Personae non Gratae.