1/16-Creekside Shooting Range-Tactical Rifle Match

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

1/16-Creekside Shooting Range-Tactical Rifle Match

Post by jsquared »

Thought Id make a thread about this for more discussion. Ive never done one of these but it seems really fun! Not too many details on their site except to say there will multiple shooting positions and multiple mag changes, some running and bounding cover thrown in, and various ranges and target sizes.

Im sure it will be quite a highly skilled field but I am not too concerned about winning anything, just excited about some good experience for $20.

At any rate, its short notice for sure but I am most likely going to make a day of this, really depending on the weather (if it is under 40 no thank you sir). At a minimum you'll need 150-200 rds, 6 mags and mag pouches for them since you need to finish each course with all your gear. I will be shooting .308 so if anyone wants to split a half case let me know today, Im ordering tonight or tomorrow.

http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
siccccckkkkkkkk
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Re: 1/16-Creekside Shooting Range-Tactical Rifle Match

Post by jsquared »

Oh check the vid on the blog link too, nice double feed on the second mag hahaha.
siccccckkkkkkkk
collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by collink »

See, this seems a lot more boring that the ACTS stuff I posted. Maybe it's just the stage that's boring, but that was like: do a shuttle run for your FOERST mag, then go lay prone and shoot some targets...nothing really tactical about that. Maybe I just need to see some more videos?
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Not tactical? I would disagree 100%. I cant remember the last time I shot a gun while even slightly out of breath, maybe 5-6 years ago. Breath control is 1/3rd of accuracy at least. I hear ya though, would definitely like to see more varied stages, but I wont complain. I might call today and get a few more details on this match to see what we can expect.
siccccckkkkkkkk
collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by collink »

jsquared wrote:Not tactical? I would disagree 100%. I cant remember the last time I shot a gun while even slightly out of breath, maybe 5-6 years ago. Breath control is 1/3rd of accuracy at least. I hear ya though, would definitely like to see more varied stages, but I wont complain. I might call today and get a few more details on this match to see what we can expect.
Sounds good. Like I said though, I'll be out of town next weekend for my dad's birthday. But yeah, I found a guy on getoffthex.com (forums run by the guys from Tactical Response) in a thread about an ACTS match in Michigan last month saying he wished there was something like that in Atlanta. I'm considering trying to, with some help from some people (including him), start a chapter of ACTS here. I'm just gathering information right now. Interested?
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I would be for sure, nothing like shooting guns in the dirt to make you feel like a red-blooded Capitalist!
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I'd definitely be down to at least go to one of these sometime in the future but I'll most likely be in DC that weekend. I'd also really like to wait and get my new optics sighted in nicely before I try anything like that, but count me in sometime later on!
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Cool deal, if I do end up going Ill take some pics and let you guys know how it went.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Ooh, this one sounds fun too: http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com/sni ... ge%202.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Re: 1/16-Creekside Shooting Range-Tactical Rifle M

Post by down_shift »

do it with a mossin.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Thatd be fun too! If you need a spotter I would be the worst one ever but Id prolly make you laugh.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I would be terrible at everything, I think the longest range I've ever shot at was only 100 yards and I wasn't even all that hot there. I'd totally do it with my Mosin sniper though, haha. It does sound like an awesome time though.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

CodyW wrote:Ooh, this one sounds fun too: http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com/sni ... ge%202.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

really wish i had a kickass rifle
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

You can borrow a Mosin :).
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I cant imagine hitting a 4 MOA target at 600 meters, thats just nuts. With a .308 and 10mph crosswind youre looking at 30-35 inches of drift and over 40" of drop. Crazy.
Last edited by jsquared on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siccccckkkkkkkk