2010 SED Suggestion Box

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Roadkill
Ripe Meat

2010 SED Suggestion Box

Post by Roadkill »

http://forums.southeastdrift.com/showthread.php?t=682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Repost from 240 Atl ( no serious replies from those Idiots ) But then I realized that anyone with an acceptable IQ was over here.

Here's the input I'm looking for

Welcome to the Southeastdrift.com 2010 SED Season Suggestion Box.

We are currently planning the 2010 Season and want to know what you would like to see in our events.
We have a series of meetings scheduled for the staff of SED and will be discussing the following topics. If you have participated in our events we would like to give you the opportunity to have a voice at those meetings.
Our events don't just happen, they require a lot of planning ahead of time to run smoothly. We are always looking to improve our performance by listening to the people at our events. So now's the time to speak up if you have any comments on past events or suggestions for future events.

Topics for discussion in no particular order:

Venues
Where did we go that you liked, disliked. Be specific about what you liked or disliked.
Suggestions ( feasible please ) on new locations

Location types
Do you like racetracks or parking lots or a mixture of both.

Types of events
Drift
High Speed or Technical
Gymkhana Drift style anyone ?
1st gear small high tech course.
Timed or just for fun runs?
?????????

Meets
Should SED have more meets or are there enough going on already

Rules
Any suggestions on rules (not to be confused with operation regulations)

Tech
Suggestions

Rotation of run groups
Suggestions

Frequency of events
Every 6 weeks, 3 weeks, etc ( remember to Budget for tires and other costs)

All suggestions will be discussed, Thanks for your input

Howard

Rules:
There's Only 1 -
No Staff or Driver or Spectator Bashing
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Re: 2010 SED Suggestion Box

Post by P.Haire »

i think you need to have an event on sunday after formula D at gresham and try to invite a bunch dudes to hang out again.
please believe
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

P.Haire wrote:i think you need to have an event on sunday after formula D at gresham and try to invite a bunch dudes to hang out again.
well like last year the dudes cars are on their way home by Sunday so might as well do it at Turner so we can get some close tandem action going on.
Roadkill wrote: Venues
Where did we go that you liked, disliked. Be specific about what you liked or disliked.
GMP infield course has to revised to make it worth going to for small hp guys. also use more then 3 cones to define the infield. return to Turner. AMS is huge. get us on the NSS road course. how about the Lowe's infield? ocala. palm beach international raceway (now run by the guy from Memphis Motorsports Park)

Location types
hello! road courses! but variety is key. gotta have consequence free lot events for new people to learn and veterans to concentrate solely on their driving. but yes road courses.

Types of events
Drift
High Speed or Technical. we need some high speed layouts. like for real.
Gymkhana Drift style anyone ? wat the fuk is juice?
1st gear small high tech course. that sounds awful.
Timed or just for fun runs? no time attack nerds please. if you want to do that then make it its own event.
?????????

Meets
Should SED have more meets or are there enough going on already
fine as is imo.

Rules
Any suggestions on rules (not to be confused with operation regulations)
TR representatives are allowed to kick out participants w/o refund for being total barneys.

Tech
Suggestions
SA helmets

Rotation of run groups
Suggestions

Frequency of events
Every 6 weeks, 3 weeks, etc ( remember to Budget for tires and other costs)
once a month avg. seems to work fine.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

from a spectator's/ride-along participant's POV:

I thought the events were run pretty well, I realize there's a lot going on behind the scenes I don't know about but, I would like to see a couple Turner Field events next year. That day after FD Atlanta seems to be a good placement for that particular event.

on the wishing side of things: I wish we could do ride-alongs on tandem again, I miss that.

on the prospective driver's side of things: I hope that there is a few novice-friendly courses towards the end of the year.
unhinged......no, not really.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

Roadkill wrote:Topics for discussion in no particular order:

Venues

1. turner. love it there. i understand the HOA and its issues have made it more expensive, but i still would love to go back a few times.
2. gresham. scary place. i dont plan on ever initiating at the wall again. would be nice if they had an open parking lot area.....would also be nice if they paved all the roads into the place.
3. nashville super speedway. the parking lot is kinda fun, and the road course is awesome
4. places byron suggested sound fun as well

Location types
good mixture of road courses and parking lots is a good thing. parking lots are great for learning the car and shaking down new parts or alignment changes..or just playing with different driving styles. road courses are just fun and amazing to drive on

Types of events
Drift- is there any reason for something different
High Speed or Technical- both please. together and seperate
Gymkhana Drift style anyone ? -not really my thing but i would come out to one to give it a shot
1st gear small high tech course.- no please
Timed or just for fun runs?- FUN RUNS!!!!! if somebody wants timed there many autox events around the state to attend

Meets
Should SED have more meets or are there enough going on already- believe you guys got a goos thing going with these no need to overdo

Rules
Any suggestions on rules (not to be confused with operation regulations)- as byron stated; SA helmets. should help weed out some of the drivers for slightly less crowded events

Tech
Suggestions- i think shawn and matt have been doing quite the good job with this

Rotation of run groups
Suggestions- you guys seem to have this working quite well and no messing with something that isnt broken

Frequency of events
Every 6 weeks, 3 weeks, etc ( remember to Budget for tires and other costs)- something close to monthly (maybe every 5-6 weeks to give a little gap). also maybe more private days...not the drivers only type of private, but get a call or text a month before from SED private. could try out new places that way.....kinda like the "test day" at gresham. that was alot of fun.

All suggestions will be discussed, Thanks for your input

Howard

Rules:
There's Only 1 -
No Staff or Driver or Spectator Bashing
massive thanks and props to SED for an amazing 2009 season and huge cheers to the now 2010 season at hand
Lightning wrote:on the wishing side of things: I wish we could do ride-alongs on tandem again, I miss that.
those were fun, but for that to happen now i think you would need a full suit and the car would need bucket seat for passenger, and thats if the insurance peeps are willing to allow.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

no matter the safety tandem ride a longs are out as I understand it.
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

Roadkill wrote:http://forums.southeastdrift.com/showthread.php?t=682

High Speed or Technical
"Technical" does not mean "slow". A track can be fast and technical simultaneously, and those are the most exciting. Slow tracks can be technical too.. tracks can also be slow and easy, aka boring.

It's a pet peeve from years of autocrossing.

...I didn't read the rest though.
Last edited by foilman on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Would requiring SA helmets lower the insurance premiums any? If not, I dont think its such a good idea. More people means less cost for everyone right?
siccccckkkkkkkk
foilman

Post by foilman »

jsquared wrote:Would requiring SA helmets lower the insurance premiums any? If not, I dont think its such a good idea. More people means less cost for everyone right?
SA helmets are a waste unless you have a firesuit. The main benefit of SA over M is not impact safety, but fire resistance... which seems silly when wearing regular clothing.
Last edited by foilman on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

jsquared wrote:Would requiring SA helmets lower the insurance premiums any? If not, I dont think its such a good idea. More people means less cost for everyone right?
probably not. I don't think we'd run out of participants.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Hmm, maybe not. I just don't think pushing people away just for the sake of pushing is a good idea. I also don't run drift events so that is something to consider :)
siccccckkkkkkkk
DJones

Post by DJones »

I really :heartbeat: GMP. I can't wait to go back there. As for practice events, I don't think I'll be doing too many this year. The car's almost were it needs to be. It's time for some comps, and some traveling.
Roadkill
Ripe Meat

Post by Roadkill »

Thanks, A lot of good suggestions, All have been reviewed, some will be incorporated. Keep em coming.
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

down_shift wrote:no matter the safety tandem ride a longs are out as I understand it.
why i stated....IF the insurance peeps would allow it.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

yea I caught that. I was just clarifying.