POTG - How did we do?

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

POTG - Do we do this layout again?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Roadkill
Ripe Meat

POTG - How did we do?

Post by Roadkill »

Critique Thread:
The southeast drift staff put a lot of time into this event. We put this event together to provide a fun event with a lot of potential for learning new techniques and hone your previously obtained skills. After several meetings and a lot of discussions we came up with the event parameters .

The big course was set up to please the Insurance and fire people without taking away the excitement of a good run. The flow of this track seemed to get more runs than the other setups even though it was much longer.
The entry was set up for high entry speed so the lower powered cars could get a good run at the big turns .
The big sweeper is always a driver and crowd pleaser.
The return at the 2nd half was included for that technical aspect and to slow the cars for the exit.

My 2 cents...I think this was the best Southeast event ever, but that is always our goal. We always try to make each event better than the last.

So, what did you like / dislike about this event?
A) Layout -
was it challenging?
Good for high powered cars?
Good for low powered cars?
Good for Advanced Drivers?
Good for novices?
Good for spectators?
Good run quality and quantity?
B) Staff -
Were we helpful?
Were we informative?
C) 360 pit- Did this help
D) Fun Factor
Was it fun for drivers, riders and spectators.

Suggestions for future events are always appreciated.

Howard
Tires, Smoke em if you got em!
revel
Eet Bacon

Re: POTG - How did we do?

Post by revel »

A) Layout -
was it challenging? it was fun as hell!!!!!
Good for high powered cars? had a ball blaring up the hill redlining 3rd gear then tearing thru the second half redlining 2nd gear
Good for low powered cars? shawn had my hachi doing 3rd gear entries at top of hill and killin it on second half
Good for Advanced Drivers? i had fun so if i count as advanced then yes
Good for novices?
Good for spectators?
Good run quality and quantity? runs seemed to go by faster since there weren't any crossovers which allowed for cars to leave start line sooner and course workers did a great job letting starter know when to send em and when to hold em

B) Staff -
Were we helpful? always
Were we informative? always
C) 360 pit- Did this help ...there was a 360 pit??????
D) Fun Factor
Was it fun for drivers, riders and spectators. everyone i talked to had a great time. all that rode with me had a good time as well. did a little spectating and enjoyed that too.

all in all AWESOME FOERST EVENT SED!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys know how to kick off the new season!
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

D) Fun Factor - As a spectator, I had a great time! Makes me realize I need to get my car back together and enter at least ONE event this year.
- Peter -- '66 Pontiac Le Mans - '93 LX 5.0 --
GTEAST
Clam Salesman

Post by GTEAST »

GTE had a great time! Thanks for all of the hard work!!
bighuyner
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bighuyner »

I enjoyed the track layout. I also noticed we got more runs with this setup. I liked when Marcos is the starter. He's better at judging when the next car could go. J.J. is ok. I don't know
who the other guy is but he seems to wait too long.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

I liked that people got lots of runs in, but the one downside was the near constant haze from the tire smoke that rendered a lot of pictures useless. The wind may have had something to do with it, so we'll see how the next event goes in April. I wouldn't even be mentioning this had it not been for Marcos telling us that he REALLY wants pictures to start getting out there featuring these events and their drivers. I don't know if a middle ground can be reached as far as starting times, or maybe a slight tweak in the lower part of the course so that the same pace can be kept but leave more time between cars at the prime photo taking points. Maybe staggering the run order would help, too since some cars put out more smoke than others, and putting them in front of different people would give a chance for more drivers to get a good shot taken of them.

That's not to say I didn't get some awesome shots, but I could have gotten a lot more had it not been for this one issue.

For a better idea of what I'm talking about, here's a smokey picture:

VS a non smokey one:

f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

What? Please tell me you're trolling.