Powersteering?

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

Do you still have Powersteering in your car?

Hell yeah, better for sliding...
93%
Nope..it's weight reduction.
7%
Other..?
No votes

Total votes: 14

Korey
Ripe Meat

Powersteering?

Post by Korey »

If you have it, is it because it helps in drifting, or not strong enough to steer without it? :D
Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Epik »

hellyea. you try steering a 3500 lb boat without it.
MBDrift's 1997 German Miata
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

Anybody in a fairly heavy car not have it anymore? How about you light cars?
240sx Sr20 drifto
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by 240sx Sr20 drifto »

aight i drove a buddies car ( 240 1993) with SR and on power steering and it sucked to sum it up!!!! Screw weight reduction... ya need it.
T.C. " Sport" Cartwright
Driftinzzzz Creationzzzz
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

marcos used to try not to run it. but guess what he got it now.
sil80det
Fresh Meat

Post by sil80det »

I drifted/daily drove my sr 240 for 2 years without p/s and I did ok. It's just a matter of getting used to the car. It was nice because I could feel the car but tight courses kicked my ass and hard countersteering can get rough. I have only drifted a few times since I put p/s on and it is definately nice, but it's just a matter of getting used to what you have. If given the choice though I vote p/s.
240sx Sr20 drifto
Imitation Crab Meat

sil80det wrote:I drifted/daily drove my sr 240 for 2 years without p/s and I did ok. It's just a matter of getting used to the car. It was nice because I could feel the car but tight courses kicked my ass and hard countersteering can get rough. I have only drifted a few times since I put p/s on and it is definately nice, but it's just a matter of getting used to what you have. If given the choice though I vote p/s.
man i dont see how you got used to it.... also if your wanting to clean the engine bay up a little i guess this could help to.
T.C. " Sport" Cartwright
Driftinzzzz Creationzzzz
Korey
Ripe Meat

Post by Korey »

Alright, I guess all of ya'll summed it up. P/S is the way. I was asking this because a friend has an e30 without P/S and after driving it, it didn't seem that bad, but I wasn't sure what it would be like trying to countersteer in a slide. Thanks for the response's and votes. Anymore input from other drivers would be great too.
Korey
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I think the higher speed, the less you notice, but when you slow down for tight technical stuff... it gets difficult. I think a big part is what you're used to with the car.
:)
sil80det
Fresh Meat

Post by sil80det »

man i dont see how you got used to it.... also if your wanting to clean the engine bay up a little i guess this could help to.
Yah it did clean up the engine bay nicely. It made everything much easier to work on too... lots of empty space.
I think the higher speed, the less you notice, but when you slow down for tight technical stuff... it gets difficult. I think a big part is what you're used to with the car.
That's exactly right. Some wider courses wouldn't bother me at all but tight courses kicked my ass.
240sx Sr20 drifto
Imitation Crab Meat

That's exactly right. Some wider courses wouldn't bother me at all but tight courses kicked my ass.[/quote]
yeah good point
T.C. " Sport" Cartwright
Driftinzzzz Creationzzzz