Ripe Meat

Got a Problem

Post by Falkon45 »

Okay,
Currently, I have 3 cars.
One P.O.S. 89 chevy beretta
One work in progress (if you can call it that) supra
and one daily drivable suzuki aerio.

I'm looking as a 4th. an S4 (i guess that's an 89 o r90) RX-7. My friend is willing to sell it to me for $700. It's comming with a border lookalike kit (not installed) and a rollbar. The kicker is... there's no engine.

Now, I'm an asshole, and don't really want to take the easy route and just put in another rotary. I was thinking along the lines of a 3S-GTE with an Alteeza tranny, custom 1 piece drive shaft, and just sticking a phantom grip in the back.
But I'm also a lazy ass (which is why the supra and beretta aren't running at the moment) and don't really feel like doing the work to fab the cradle for the engine. Nor can I really afford, a 3S-GTE, or alteeza tranny... or the car for that matter.

I pretty much have the suspension i want in my head, so really, it's just a means of motivation for the car.

Should i go easy, and get a turbo 2 motor, go big, and get a FD 13B TT, or get stupid, and custom swap it.
Sorry guys, the only V8 I'm considering is toyota, cause LS1's, LT1's, and LS7's belong in corvettes, trans-ams, and berettes :twisted:
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Re: Got a Problem

Post by icantdrift »

Falkon45 wrote: Sorry guys, the only V8 I'm considering is toyota, cause LS1's, LT1's, and LS7's belong in corvettes, trans-ams
you'd rather fumble around with a more complicated setup that is heavier, has far less aftermarket support and makes less power?
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

go with the 13b from the fd. get rid of the idea of a v8. if you really want to be a balla, like i want to with my fc, go get a 20b FTW!!!!!!!!!!
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

s4 is a 1986-1988 rx7.

If your going to put a rotary back in it, go with a turbo 2. the 13brew in the FD's is cool, but the least reliable of the rotarys.

Or just put an n/a motor back in it and put nitrous on it. like 75 or 100 shot. n/a's are tough. at least mine was. and that would be sleeper as hell... no spool to give it away :twisted:

If youre going to put a v8 in it, don't waste your time with a toyota v8. Ls1 would be better in every aspect.

-Austin
go fast or die
Falkon45
Ripe Meat

Post by Falkon45 »

icantdrift wrote:
Falkon45 wrote: Sorry guys, the only V8 I'm considering is toyota, cause LS1's, LT1's, and LS7's belong in corvettes, trans-ams
you'd rather fumble around with a more complicated setup that is heavier, has far less aftermarket support and makes less power?
Yes. It's kinda a supra thing. I have no intention on shoving an american lump (although, the toyotas are all aluminum too... methinks) into that car. I'd much rather just piss off the mazda guys and put in something pointless. I just read an article on a toyota V12, so big, expensive, and stupid plans are going through my head.

Need to make a call to jarco later.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Falkon45 wrote: Yes. It's kinda a supra thing. I have no intention on shoving an american lump (although, the toyotas are all aluminum too... methinks) into that car. I'd much rather just piss off the mazda guys and put in something pointless. I just read an article on a toyota V12, so big, expensive, and stupid plans are going through my head.

Need to make a call to jarco later.
If You want to piss of mazda guys, put an ls1 in it. If you want to take a whole lot of time and money and piss it away for no good reason, go with the toyota v8. or you could just save it all up and give it to me. So that i could get another FC and put an ls1 in it. just my .02
go fast or die
Falkon45
Ripe Meat

Post by Falkon45 »

yeah. your're right about that.
Ahh, screw it. I just want something with two turbos. The only thing the 1uz-fe has going for it, is that a company makes a plate to mount it to the supra 6 speed.

so, I might as well pull and SP Engineering trick, and go with an inline 6.

1jz should suffice. guess I need to stop being lazy.