Sr Trany help please...

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Sr Trany help please...

Post by s13driftertb »

This is my FOERST auto to manual transmission swap.

Do you need any of the sensors pluged in for the car to run? None of the wires reach to the sensors except for the speed sensor and that does me no good until I get a DOHC gauge cluster.

While I'm at it will the oil light in the SOHC cluster work with the SR? I of course don't want to start the car with out oil pressure.

Thanks for the help.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

most people only run the speed sensor on their race cars. so if you don't want revers lights and 5th gear sensor you will be fine. as for the oil light not sure if they are the same would amagine they are. all the sensor is is grounded under 3ish psi. i would suggest a after market oil gauge over the stock one.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

aftermarket gauges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only gauge i trust in my 240 is my autometer temp gauge.
please believe
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

yeah when I get some cash I'm going to expand my gauge collection. I have boost gauge and AFR (auto meter) along with AEM boost gauge/boost controller

I'm not to worried about the speedometer working or the reverse lights. What does the "5th gear" sensor do?

cuz it would be way cool if that British car show came on while I was driving. sorry I retarded.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i'm pretty sure the 5th gear sensor limits the revs in 5th gear and limits your speed.
please believe
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

P.Haire wrote:i'm pretty sure the 5th gear sensor limits the revs in 5th gear and limits your speed.
with my limited knowledge of the he is right
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

what i've come to find out from a certain roommate is that the correct answer for any kind of SR/KA tranny problem is to get a Z32 tranny so that it doesn't blow up every other week :lol:
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

P.Haire wrote:i'm pretty sure the 5th gear sensor limits the revs in 5th gear and limits your speed.

this is true
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

driftPANDAspl wrote:what i've come to find out from a certain roommate is that the correct answer for any kind of SR/KA tranny problem is to get a Z32 tranny so that it doesn't blow up every other week :lol:
do you just have to change the bell housing, or swap the guts from the Z32 to the SR?

I'm worried about the 5th gear sensor.... all those 5th gear drifts... I may not have enough speed. ha ha he....
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

GET YOUR CAR DONE TOM!
please believe
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

s13driftertb wrote:
driftPANDAspl wrote:what i've come to find out from a certain roommate is that the correct answer for any kind of SR/KA tranny problem is to get a Z32 tranny so that it doesn't blow up every other week :lol:
do you just have to change the bell housing, or swap the guts from the Z32 to the SR?

I'm worried about the 5th gear sensor.... all those 5th gear drifts... I may not have enough speed. ha ha he....

sammy was saying you send your bellhousing to get modified by some dude, get an adapter plate, and a (i think custom) driveshaft. something like a grand or so for the setup (w/ tranny?). its all heresay to me, so don't get pissed off if i'm totally off on what needs to be done and how much it costs. all i know is that z32 tranny blow up less.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

driftPANDAspl wrote:
s13driftertb wrote:

sammy was saying you send your bellhousing to get modified by some dude, get an adapter plate, and a (i think custom) driveshaft. something like a grand or so for the setup (w/ tranny?). its all heresay to me, so don't get pissed off if i'm totally off on what needs to be done and how much it costs. all i know is that z32 tranny blow up less.
Send your bellhousing to Mazorx www.mazworx.com . He has an entire kit for the Z32 tranny into a 240. You can get a drive shaft from The Driveshaft Shop http://driveshaftshop.com .
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

P.Haire wrote:GET YOUR CAR DONE TOM!
how did you cut your carbon for your gauges...ummm guage?
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

hole saw. GO SLOW carbon dust itches. use a vaccum while you cut if you can.
please believe
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

did you go backwards? that's how puppet cut his plex, run the drill backwards. (according to ChrisP)...

pull-a-part, @ 8.00 a.m. Sat? if so call me... :) Two cars came in and I want to see what I can get.