Sr wont rev over 3000rpm or go into boost.

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Sr wont rev over 3000rpm or go into boost.

Post by s13driftertb »

I finally installed my SR and I have gone through and hooked my air compressor up to check for vac/boost leaks. I'm 99% sure I have everything tight. But it still won't go into boost.

This engine sat on a stand for about 3 years or so before I got to put it in. I've installed a SR for a friend and we got his running... so I fell good about my wiring ect. but I'm up for any suggestions.

please help I want to drift in 2 wks.... :(
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

check your MAF/wiring. mine did the same thing once, turned out i forgot to plug the MAF back in after working on the car :lol: .
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

icantdrift wrote:check your MAF/wiring. mine did the same thing once, turned out i forgot to plug the MAF back in after working on the car :lol: .
checked that, I even swaped out the sr maf for the KAE maf and nothing changed... :(
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Would your TPS have anything to do with that? What voltage are you running at? I know each one is a little diffierent but mine was set at 3.75v.
Also check to see if your intake hose is colapsing under negative pressure.
Check your wiring on your MAF too. I know you trust your wiring but it never hurts to verify.
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

ChadMK4 wrote:Would your TPS have anything to do with that? What voltage are you running at? I know each one is a little diffierent but mine was set at 3.75v.
Also check to see if your intake hose is colapsing under negative pressure.
Check your wiring on your MAF too. I know you trust your wiring but it never hurts to verify.
the TPS seems o.k. I've not checked the voltage but if you move it with out opening the TB it dies, should I unplug it while the car is running and volt check it?

same question for the MAF? what voltage should it read?
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

i would check the wring where you lengthened the maf harness. also the connectors. and timming? what is it set at and how did you set check it. what position is your cas in.
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

matts13 wrote:i would check the wring where you lengthened the maf harness. also the connectors. and timming? what is it set at and how did you set check it. what position is your cas in.
Before I dropped in the engine I took off the valve cover and at TDC the dots on the CAS were lined up like the pictures on the Heavy Throttle site, so I didn't change it.

I checked the timming with a light last night and it was 15 deg off TDC.

Where should it be? I thought it was 15%
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

also the idle is smooth so would it not like move up and down if the MAF was bad?
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

o.k. the hose that would normally go up to the carcoal canister, above the exaust manafold. I ran a hose straight up to the "T" on the side of the valve cover romoving the canaster and going to a little red filter on the other side of the "T"

and boost is coming out of the "T". is that supposed to happen? or is there some thing wrong with my turbo????

update
I blocked off the open end of the "T" and still have the hose running to the spot where the charcoal cannister was and still doingh the same thing.
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

dude I so rule this thread...

so I found out that I was building preasure in the crank case and that is why the "T" thingie was leaking air...

I got the car to go into bost now. I'm having trouble seting the timming. The ide is a little eratic and pops and girgles a bit.

To set the timming do I just hook a timming light up to a spark plug wire on the #1 and move the CAS until I hit 15%???

please someone reply...
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

you need to call carter.
please believe
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

P.Haire wrote:you need to call carter.
that is how I found out about the MAF,
so I was trying to not call him again, how ever I think I have here running. Just need to check and make sure everyting is tight and I'm goin gto try to test drive her in a few days.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

timing needs to be at 15

but to set or check it you need to pull the tps plug. rev the motor a few times and let the idle settle. it needs to idle under 700 to set the timing on the stock ecu.
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

matts13 wrote:timing needs to be at 15

but to set or check it you need to pull the tps plug. rev the motor a few times and let the idle settle. it needs to idle under 700 to set the timing on the stock ecu.
yeah, that's what I was missing is the unplug the TPS thing...

I'll do that Tuesday night and let you know how she goes...
s13driftertb
Ripe Meat

Post by s13driftertb »

I just wanted to say thinks to everyone who helped me out on this. I drove the car last night for 2 hours and for 3 or 4 hours today and she ran BEAUTIFULLY.

THANKS