Public Service Announcement: Anti-Seize is your friend

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Public Service Announcement: Anti-Seize is your friend

Post by icantdrift »

started working on the new big brake setup the other day, got the car up and wheels off and started trying to remove the spacers. turns out that roughly 100ft-lbs was enough to make two of the 5 nuts on the driver's side stuck like glue to the spacer. also turns out that the nuts that eibach uses for these spacers are softer than warm butter :( . bough a nice extractor set and got one of the two rounded nuts off, but the second one was just shearing off bit by bit giving me nothing left to grab on to.

after two days and roughly 5 hours of labor i finally got the nut to split without completely destroying the spacer, but the nut and stud are DOA.

please avoid this pain in the ass and make sure to use copious amounts of anti-seize when installing spacers. i'll get a few pics of the carnage and the gain for all of this hard work soon. :wink: my next trackday should be much more fun being able to slow down a little into 10a at road atlanta.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

this is what happens when we put shit on at the track hours before you are to be on track.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

all out on back straight then braking after the 100 marker into 10a FTW!!!!!