*.driftTechniques``

Tech mumbo-jumbo... not Gizmodo.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati

andysapp
I need to go outside

*.driftTechniques``

Post by andysapp »

With a suggestion from DjDorifto, we're opening a new section in the driftMechaniks forum: *.driftTechniques.

Sharing knowledge that you've picked up along the way about what to do/not to do can be priceless...
Especially for people who are just getting into the sport.

Learning from other people (and their mistakes) can save you a fortune in the long run...
not to mention generally help you along with your progression.

Take it from me... you won't be chain drifting your FOERST time out... but hopefully with a little smarts behind ya...
you'll get there sooner than you'd think.

Stay safe, and stay sidewayz...
Last edited by andysapp on Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

well i like to drift kinda high speed.(140-160KPH) one thing i like to do is use fatty tires all the way around. i liked using 10JJ wheels all the way around. using fatties can help as well as hinder your drifts. it can help because you can come into the turn way too hot and use the grip of the tires to slow you down to the right speed in preperation for the apex of the turn. on the flip side of that same turn the fatties can hinder under powered cars from keeping the rear end out.
mattology
Fresh Meat

Post by mattology »

holy shit i just put two and two together

you were that e46 out there at homestead.

awesome dude! i was in the enjuku car.

and for drifting

start slow
start small
make baby steps
matt. just plain old matt these days.
727-278-6357 -- Leave a Voicemail
300SX !!!
I may not have good drifts, but I hit shit witht he best of them.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

HAHA!!
Yeah, that was me!! The guy who's car got hit by the DGTrials tent!
That was a fun (but EXTREMELY) hot weekend.
I'm looking forward to the makeup event!
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

ok, here's my $.02

use your feet for the gas, brake, and clutch pedals, and your hands for the steering wheel and e-brake. watch out for kurbs and stuff!

:lol: :wink:

push on the brake before you pull the e-brake it works better. :D picked that one up from Ian.
marshun
Ripe Meat

Post by marshun »

i like the start slow suggestion. its funny when you see people go balls out on the FOERST run and crash.

i wonder if that bmw kid i saw a couple months back comes online. cause that was funny.

this kid in a black bmw has seats with harness and gloves. he's putting them on like he's big shit. then he goes towards the corner, car starts sliding, grips, and bang! straight into the curb. then we waited for tow truck. and i couldnt stop laughing.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

that must have sucked for the guy in the bmw. he was just a poser that wanted to look good drifitn and hittin a nice curb. :D
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

HEY THAT WAS ME!!!
Hahaha, lol... just kidding.
;)
drift-kid-s13
Ripe Meat

Post by drift-kid-s13 »

last night i took the lumina out and got the ass end out for the FOERST time it was awsome but i narrowly excaped because as i roold out 3 cops came and im on driving probation for a year igot the hell out of there without being seen

woo close
Burn Rubber and keep the rear sideways.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Dayom! That was a close call! I'm glad you didn't get into any trouble!
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

I recently learned another one about a month ago using a friends ka stock diff s14. i found that when you are drifting a car with an open or loose stock diff. forcefully induce wieght transfer with the steering wheel and brakes. i found that on the kickback between turns it helps to pop the wheel a little farther than normal and then mash the gas. now to keep it out there after it kicks back i found that using the brakes will help. after it kicks back out keep your foot on the gas and then bring the left foot over to the break peddle and gently give it a tap or two. by tapping the brakes i relieves the weight from the rear giving the tires a chance to spin a little faster. now don't hit any thing...
Toycoma
Fresh Meat

Post by Toycoma »

dont know if this is a technique or just more of a tip but, try to do choki doris (spelling? swaying drift in english) before the next turn when there is a striaght which is to long for you to connect one drift to another. this will make you look a lot better if your in a comp too since you will be drifting down the striaght instead of just driving to the next turn. hence maybe gaining a few more points. and if done properly, it will help you set up for the next turn, just becareful on when you choose to do this. some times (imo) it is better to just get your speed back up (like if you come out of a slow tight 180) if the next turn is big and needs a higher entry speed.
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

choko dori
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

manji or die!!!!
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »