WTH (want to hire): BMW mechanical help.

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

WTH (want to hire): BMW mechanical help.

Post by VRT nenders »

Like it says I am looking for someone to help with fixing my BMW.
I do not have the knowledge with these cars to solve the problem on my own so I am looking for someone who does.

I drive a 1994 E36 325iS that has been dealing with coolant issues but that is not the real problem. The issue I have ran into was after dealing with the coolant problem. I am now having an issue where the car will not turn over/fire. I can not get the car out of my basement parking garage located in downtown Atlanta, so this is why I am enlisting in help from others instead of just taking it to a BMW garage.

If you or someone you know is well knowledgeable with BMW and can solve my issue, or assist in working on it, I will be happy to pay for your/their time spent working on the car.

Thanks in advance for reading and any input.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Re: WTH (want to hire): BMW mechanical help.

Post by Generz »

Nendel.. you put this on Bimmerforums?
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

not a member.
read all the stuff on there though about what to try to fix this. it seems a ton of people are just as dumb as i am when it comes to this.
Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Epik »

what have you done? what was the coolant issue that was supposedly fixed? when you are trying to start the car is there fuel and no spark (plugs wet)? do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

i'll try and help from here.. not the FOERST time.
MBDrift's 1997 German Miata
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

so dicked around with the car again today.
new plugs installed, old plugs not wet. new fuel pump installed, still no go. dme seems to be good as well.

still looking for suggestions. pretty much did everything bimmer forums suggested.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

so the old plugs were not wet? were they sooty?

did you check to hear if your fuel pump relay is clicking on?
collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by collink »

VRT nenders wrote:Like it says I am looking for someone to help with fixing my BMW.
I do not have the knowledge with these cars to solve the problem on my own so I am looking for someone who does.

I drive a 1994 E36 325iS that has been dealing with coolant issues but that is not the real problem. The issue I have ran into was after dealing with the coolant problem. I am now having an issue where the car will not turn over/fire. I can not get the car out of my basement parking garage located in downtown Atlanta, so this is why I am enlisting in help from others instead of just taking it to a BMW garage.

If you or someone you know is well knowledgeable with BMW and can solve my issue, or assist in working on it, I will be happy to pay for your/their time spent working on the car.

Thanks in advance for reading and any input.
By "won't turn over/fire", do you mean that the engine turns but the car won't start, or that when you turn the key, you get absolutely nothing?
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

quazar311 wrote:so the old plugs were not wet? were they sooty?

not wet, pretty sure they were not sooty, just looks worn out. one had dried oil around the treads but that was probably there from before I change the valve gasket.

don't know if i hear it clicking on since all i here is the dinging of the power turning on. could be the fuel pump relay or fuse but dont have a voltage thing or what ever to check it.

Collin:
engine just keeps turning but no start.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

So it says "oni-oni-oni-oni"... but it never says "onion".
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

VRT nenders wrote:
quazar311 wrote:so the old plugs were not wet? were they sooty?

not wet, pretty sure they were not sooty, just looks worn out. one had dried oil around the treads but that was probably there from before I change the valve gasket.

don't know if i hear it clicking on since all i here is the dinging of the power turning on. could be the fuel pump relay or fuse but dont have a voltage thing or what ever to check it.
yeah the dinging is annoying.. what you should do is have someone be in the trunk area and listen for it when you click the car from off to on.

see if you can hear the fuel pump prime... it should be a bzzzing sound and then stop.

it sucks you can't get it out of the garage tho.. otherwise you can send it to our buddy Mikeyp's shop for a fix.. his labor rates are cheap and he mainly works on VW/Audi/BMW.. and because of our Subarus... Subarus. :)
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

I still think we could manage to get this thing out of your garage with a truck, some straps, and enough people willing to put some force into it.

My truck's too small to do any good. But I'm completely down for brute force. If we can get enough people together to try, I'm down town julie brown.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

can't afford a shop since i spent moneys just replacing things trying to do it myself.
oh well guess it makes a good storage unit.

and HAHAHA @Sapppppppp
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

going to try and replace the fuel pump relay and see if that helps.

in other news i have to have this car out of here running or not by next week cause i have to move.
:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

VRT nenders wrote:going to try and replace the fuel pump relay and see if that helps.

in other news i have to have this car out of here running or not by next week cause i have to move.
you moving again?!?!?!?!?!?!
collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by collink »

VRT nenders wrote:going to try and replace the fuel pump relay and see if that helps.

Have you tried a compression test? Just sounds a little familar. Cooling issues, then the car not starting and whatnot.

The same thing happened to me, and it was compression (thought I'm still not sure where I was losing it). Dunno if that helps or if you've checked it. Just a thought though.