powdercoating

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

powdercoating

Post by blink182house »

hey guys, i lost my job(s) and have been working in the garage doing a lot of TO members parts, so figured maybe some of you guys on here would want to get your stuff coated and/or help me out. i have pics of past work and prices are on TO forums here: http://www.tractionoptional.com/forums/ ... m.php?f=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Re: powdercoating

Post by matts13 »

how big can you go?

i would love to get my cam cover, and both oil pan for the sr done. maybe a few other things.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I have been wanting to get a new valve cover to send to powder coating, once I do I will give you a ring. Nice prices for sure.

What type of prep do you do for parts? Sandblast, strip, degrease, sand, etc.
siccccckkkkkkkk
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

i have a conventional house oven, so if it will fit in your oven at home most likely i can do it. i can do up to 17" rims, no 18's or higher though.

i have a mediablaster i use glass to strip most everything, i dont like to do valvecovers unless you're going to remove the baffles. so for normal valvecover we degrease, scrub intensely, wash intensely, repeat, dry, sand, wash intensely, dry, then bake for 45mins at 400f to bake off any chemicals, then start powdering. for everything else... i just blast it.

yeah guys i could really use the business. ive only been doing local stuff, and after the price of powder im spending an assload of labor and time for like 30-40 bucks, so i guess shipping would have to be all on the customer for out of towners. but still, you'll be helping me out AND yourself/your-engine-bay out ^_^ this shit looks so sweet
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

stuff looks great. really digging that silver you did on the H22 parts. you have a powder inventory list?
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

That stuff looks awesome! I also wouldn't mind tracking down a spare VC to send your way for something neat, I'll hit you up if I can ever find one!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i think B-RAD has a spare sr valve cover.
please believe
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

you'd be gold if you could offer core service to minimize downtime.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Inappropriate Chris
Past the Hazing

Post by Inappropriate Chris »

Can you get Tiffany and Co. eggshell blue? just sayin'? Cause if you can and do, you have a customer right now.
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

Sorry for short response I'm on phone at hospital my dad having problems guys, but I order my colors through powderbuythepound.com so browse there for your colors. I have about fifteen colors in stock ill list later, the silver on honda cover is actually almost chrome color really nice and is also my base coat for any candy two stage colors. I may be able to work out cores with drew from import performance shop here loaning me covers. I would buy some covers myself but lots of family problems right now and I can't afford them now. Any business you guys can give me will help me tremendously, you are more than welcome to text me anytime as for faster response as I do not know how long I will be at hospital. Scott is my name btw for those who don't know me 6622922831
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

sorry to hear about the problems scott. hope everything gets better very soon.
please believe
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

Thanks bro. Looks like we will be leaving shortly these doctors aren't doing shit for him got an mri scheduled tomorrow hopefully find out what's wrong soon.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i remember staying at your house before one of those mineral wells events years ago. i'll be thinking about your family.
please believe
blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

P.Haire wrote:i remember staying at your house before one of those mineral wells events years ago. i'll be thinking about your family.
ha yeah you and struka when i was like 15, crazy shit. well we just got home not too long ago, doctors bullshitted and gave him some pills (go figure) which arent doing much, he's got an MRI tomorrow so hopefully we'll figure out the root of all evil.

as far as the TIFFANYs blue goes, here're some links you should check out:

http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/pr ... ts_id=1743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/pr ... ts_id=1839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/pr ... ts_id=2027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

check out the last one, looks close to me but shit been a while since i saw a tiffanys box lol