Miata 1.8L guys.. buy this.

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Miata 1.8L guys.. buy this.

Post by Epik »

Cheap COMPLETE Vmount turbo setup.. new rad, EVRYTHING included..
Out of a 90 with a 1.8L swap.. i JUST built this setup for the guy after he bought the car sight unseen. the previous owner stripped out the CAS hold down bolt on the back of the head which we never knew about.. the bolt backed out and this guy just blew the motor. He has already bought a V8 :teethslay:

Must go.. questions here or PM. You will not find a more complete bolt on turbo setup.. from the AN-10 tapped oil pan, to the downpipe, to the injectors and the street tuned boost mapped safc2, to the ACT clutch. This car never made it to the dyno, but the WB02 verified safe a/f all the way at 10psi and it fried 205/40/16s like nothing on the drift course.. Only mods you need to do are hood pins and cut the rad support for the V mount. I can send you all the in progress fab pics of when i built it..

here's the list and some pics to get you going.

Turbo kit includes :
Ebay t3/t04e, .63 exh, .70comp
-4an Oil feed with restrictor
-10an Oil drain, w/ tapped oil pan
320cc 2jzge stock injectors
top mount log manifold
v band outlet pipe and downpipe to cat
adjustable FPR
SAFC2, boost mapped with MSD 3 bar MAP sensor
boost/water temp/oil pressure gauges and senders
whatever else you need to make it work, i have and will include
act clutch and pressure plate
VMOUNT setup include
Vmount intercooler
mounting bracket for rear, you will have ot make front tabs
brand new aluminum Radiator and twin fans w shroud
modded Tstat housing
all piping, tbolt clamps, couplers, etc etc to put it together

only major modification you will need to do is weld in the supports for the Rad, and two tabs on the front support. I will include the parts you need welded on, so you can bolt it to the rad and position it how you want and such.
I had a 40* temp diff on water temps drifting and cruising. never went over 200, and stayed around 160 cruising in 95* weather at like 70% humidity

basically everything you need to put a kick ass turbo and cooling setup on your car.
1500 + shipping obo.

5 speed mission-make an offer
any other 1.8 engine parts, make an offer

located in Myrtle Beach, SC

pics

video in action.. 1st day out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT0DKLLV ... r_embedded
MBDrift's 1997 German Miata
Greg
Muscle Milk

Re: Miata 1.8L guys.. buy this.

Post by Greg »

why is this setup using an 1.6L throttle body and flapper air flow sensor?
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Epik »

the previous owner of the car did the 1.8 swap into the 90 body. apparently it must still be using the 1.6 ecu? i'll ask the cars current owner since he is gutting everything, he should have it handy. going with a built carb'd 302, painless wiring kit for all necessary functions.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

I was wondering the same thing. Nifty setup, but not so nifty actualization of it. He's missing a few ponies with the AFM and TB the way it sits now.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Epik »

he had planned to go with a megasquirt and dump the afm, if the CAS bolt hadnt backed out and blew the #4 piston almost in half.. he still would be.

in the vid.. he is turning 16x9 -18 diamond racing wheels with 205/40/16s.. burned like nothing. it has power still, we were getting ready to go to the dyno and see just how much. running at 10psi, stock 2jzge injectors with a 255 walbro pump. safe a/f at all gears/speeds. this setup is ready to go.. he is leaving for saudi in a few days and i'll be working on the miata again... for the 302 swap.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Save up for an LS1. They fit so much better and don't weigh much more than the stock drivetrain. The 5.slow, on the other hand....
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Epik »

yea, i went over that with him.. he's already bought a built carb'd 302 for a few hundred. sourcing a tranny now.