Fabrication work

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Re: Fabrication work

Post by jsquared »

I wanted to get some ducting worked into my front bumper, an upper and lower piece to channel air to my radiator and intercooler more efficiently. Heres what Im working with:

Kinda hard to tell with those pics but the sides of the intake channel are already boxed in, so Id just need a top cooling panel and bottom splash piece cut and formed to fit whats there already. Any chance you would want to take a look and maybe give it a shot? Thanks mang.
siccccckkkkkkkk
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I can make you something, but it's going to be cheaper and probably better looking since I don't have a sheet metal brake. If you purchase the top piece I'll make you the bottom piece, or if you want to pay me I'll make them both.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&sa ... CC4QrQQwAg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just gimme a call and lemme know what you want to do.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I debated getting one of those standard FC panels but it wouldn't cover the gap between my core support and intercooler and Ive also changed the locations of the overflow bottle and horns and relays n such so I was just over it. Plus I always thought $100 for a sheet of aluminum was stupid. Ill think about it though, thanks man.
siccccckkkkkkkk
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

jsquared wrote:I debated getting one of those standard FC panels but it wouldn't cover the gap between my core support and intercooler and Ive also changed the locations of the overflow bottle and horns and relays n such so I was just over it. Plus I always thought $100 for a sheet of aluminum was stupid. Ill think about it though, thanks man.

Yeah, I appreciate the offer for the work but I don't know if I can produce you something quality for as cheap as you can get one of those and I don't want you to waste money. I'd love to do the work, but can't bring myself to have a friend waste money like that. The bottom panel will more than likely be flat or very simple bends and mounting. What kind of a height drop is there between the core support and the bumper bracket I'd go to and will I be able to get down there in one smooth piece? I should probably just take a look at it to get a better idea haha.

I was looking to buy a sheet of aluminum soon though to start making interior panels and some ducting for myself, so if you want to pitch in on it lemme know.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

The bottom of the bumper is pretty much even with the bottom of the rad. I dont have a picture that shows it really well but it would only really need a flat piece with the ends bent up and cut to match the existing side pieces. Connecting it to the lower radiator support might be a bit weird though, heres what I have down there:

siccccckkkkkkkk
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I could probably thread those lower radiator mounting studs and mount it that way with a couple of nuts. The lower piece should be pretty easy to make.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

If i ever end up doing the flea market booth stuff, you could make some garden pieces, and we can put it in the booth too. :) Those make sweet items for flea markets.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Awesome, I'm a little busy with Alex's car presently but as soon as that's done I'll start working on some more stuff and that would be cool.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Zach I have an 18" brake if you'd like to borrow it. It bends up to 18ga with no problem. I"ve never tried 16ga. I built my dash with it.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

If I ever end up doing some sheet metal work I'm thinking about making my own 4-6 footer that will do heavier stuff, but if I don't have the money for materials when I need one I'll let ya know!
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Zach

I need a front section put into my Corolla. I already have a bolt-in rear section.

I need something like this:

With single door bar, and sleeved like this:

:rotate:
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Do you want it to be removable? I'm more than down to do the work. I'll need to know the tubing size of the stuff that's in there, whether you want it through dash or around, removable or welded on, and I probably can't do it until mid-december when my semester ends.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

around the dash. door bar removable.
please believe
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Yea, all bolt-in. Just like an autopower.
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

It might be cheaper for you to try and find the front half of the same manufacturer and just have me install the stubs that connect it to the hoop and make you bolt in door-bars. The only reason I say that is it'll take me longer to make something that can bolt-in rather than stay in permanently.