Custom Shift Boots or other fabric work

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Custom Shift Boots or other fabric work

Post by LilAfrikan »

Hey everyone! If you haven't seen it on my facebook...

I can make custom shift boots. Atleast I made one for Alex and Cody and Byron (well, Emily helped me sew on those, so I can't take all the credit :)) but then I decided to try and make some, on my own, for the KDF store and I think they came out pretty neat looking. So anywho, made me think that if anyone is interested in having a custom shift boot for their car, let me know. I'm just working on craft/art projects to keep myself afloat. My ebay items didn't work out to well. :slayer2:
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Re: Custom Shift Boots or other fabric work

Post by ChadMK4 »

How about one for the Datsun? I have the military cloth to use.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I am so pumped about the one you guys made for my car, Alex gave it to me the other day and I was amazed. You guys rule so much for putting that together.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

ChadMK4 wrote:How about one for the Datsun? I have the military cloth to use.
Most def! We just have to work out a template for your car. You have a old shift boot by any chance? I can draw up a template from that. :)
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

CodyW wrote:I am so pumped about the one you guys made for my car, Alex gave it to me the other day and I was amazed. You guys rule so much for putting that together.
aww u're very welcome! :) Really most credit goes to alex for coming up with the rad idea and picking out the fabric :)
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

LilAfrikan wrote:
ChadMK4 wrote:How about one for the Datsun? I have the military cloth to use.
Most def! We just have to work out a template for your car. You have a old shift boot by any chance? I can draw up a template from that. :)

best way to do shift boots is all the same, just a little large. anyone who needs to cut it down to fit can do that and you won't have to worry about making templates every time a different car comes around. it's just a squared cone shape so it's very universal.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

My Datsun doesn't have one. Didn't come with one. I made it a stick shift and centered the console over it. But like Erin was saying, it will probably be fine with just a square cone setup like he was saying. I would still have to figure out how I'm gonna install it once you get it done.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

CodyW wrote:I am so pumped about the one you guys made for my car, Alex gave it to me the other day and I was amazed. You guys rule so much for putting that together.
You gotta post pics because that was a totally radical boot!
casse
Ripe Meat

Post by casse »

How much for an S13 KDF boot? I would like one very much!!!
http://www.jerseystreets.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank

Post by Frosty_SPL »

I would like an alcantara SMG and ebrake boot for the M.

Could you do it?
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

Hey Chad,

What we could do is take one of the KDF cone boots I have made, and see if it'll fit, or how much longer I have to make it for your truck. I haven't really looked at your shifter, so I'm not sure how long you'd like the boot and all that jazz. :) Do you have the camo material, or do I need to pick it up?
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

You have a very solid point about the shift boot cone shape. I didn't realize that most the car's boots work the same. Some have 3 sides instead of 2, so that's my biggest concern bc it might need three sides to balance the fabric better on the shifter, and that's only bc I'm anal and I want it to look perfect as well. ;)

But it would be cool to start making a template for different cars if needed of course. Like Mustang, rx7, rx8, blah blah blah...just so I can make sure everyone is happy chappy with their boots.
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

casse wrote:How much for an S13 KDF boot? I would like one very much!!!
The KDF boots will be $40. I'll be putting on the site live most likely next week. The FOERST 4 colors I'll have is blue, green, orange, and black/purple. I just tie dyed them today, so I'll wash them out tomorrow and see how they all look. :) The colors that is...
LilAfrikan
Past the Hazing

Post by LilAfrikan »

Frosty_SPL wrote:I would like an alcantara SMG and ebrake boot for the M.

Could you do it?
Ok, so I have no idea what alcantara SMG is, so I googled it and found this. Image

If that's what you had in mind, then I don't see why not. If you want it to be 4 sides like the one in the pic, I would just need or have to find a boot I can use to make a template from to get the 4 sides right. Those 4 sides, look like they might be different size, bc the back end panel is wider then the front, or that might just be me over complicating it. The ebrake boot should be easy as well, but I would need something to make a template from as well. Andy might have his old ebrake boot and shift boot still, so I could use that as a template, but I'll have to check with him. If you want it in leather, the fabric will get pricey. Pleather, pricer then the fabric I use, but not to much. ;)

This is exciting, thanks everyone! :)
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Alcantara is the fabric. It's like suede. SMG is the type transmission the car has. The boot is a bit different than a regular stick but it's not an auto either. It's like dis (depending on what year M he has):

f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff