FS/FT: My S13

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Re: FS/FT: My S13

Post by Dr. Marlow »

lame
get the sc
You've got the wrong answer
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

i loved my s2000 but yeah they are super shitty drift cars.

is it worth it to hop cars a couple times after you have to pay taxes and stuff? assuming you're not going to keep the s2000 in the long run.

not being a downer lol, it's a super fun car to drive around, just think everything over ^^
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

perhaps we're missing the scope of the situation.. i am thinking that cody ultimately wants something like a 1J/2J SC300..

he should not trade S13 for a stock automatic SC300 (then have to put bookoo dollars into the swap and modding) when he can trade it for a much newer S2000.

he only needs to keep it long enough to trade out for something else.

As far as cars go.. the S2k is more desirable than an automatic SC... so he could probably get further on a second trade with the S2k.

honestly.. i'd keep trading and end up with a Porsche 911 or something. :)
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Haha, I kinda like that idea.

But yea, the KBB value (not that I'd be able to get it) of an 05 S2k with 36k miles is like $17.5k, even the newest and nicest SC300's are only like $7-9k. If I could sell the S2K for anywhere near KBB value, I'd still have a lot more budget to work with and use if I stick with the SC idea.

I have since been offered a pre-swapped 5 speed SC down in FL but it still isn't worth nearly what the S2K is. There are some amazingly built ones for like $10k if I'm willing to travel for one, I'll just have to see what happens (gotta straighten out a few things with my car FOERST). I'm still not too opposed to rocking the S2K as just a fun little street car for a minute too, I kinda miss having a vert (rocked my dad's Miata back in high school and loved that thing, haha).
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

well if i guess you want to be smart about it...
You've got the wrong answer
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I vote S2K all the way.
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

yeah if the kbb on the s2000 is that high you could prolly get 15 out of it, easy. why not?

+1 on keeping on trading til you get a porsche.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

cody is trading some fool running a honda 2000
-dan
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG he looks like Mario with the harness on.
siccccckkkkkkkk
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Hahahahahahahaha.

Bet they wouldn't have turned me down from the FF5 filming yesterday if I rolled up like that.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

They turned you down?! You or the car? Both?
WTF.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

The car, I didn't apply to be in it since it consisted of 3 straight nights of 12-14 hour filming through the entire night.

I had a supposed go ahead on the car though, showed up yesterday with ~50 or so other "picture cars" (ones that were supposed to be closest to the main cars and stuff during filming), and some un-informed set director played like a 3 hour game of shuffle until my car (along with Chad's truck, a yellow Lambo, and a few other nice cars) found our way across the street and entirely out of the filming area. Apparently the director guy only wanted black/gray/white cars for some reason, although they failed to inform the screening people of this and a bunch of colorful cars got turned a way. The bad side is some super crappy ones got left in, 1 was a blue (almost the same shade as my car) insanely tacky 3000GT, a stock-ish WRX, and then a few other random things that didn't belong (bone stock Civic, etc). The only cool thing is a few cars in our group still made the cut (Clint's BMW is in there even though it's colorful, Byron's car, and Wooley's eclipse). Dude was way obsessed with late 90's black car/black wheel/crap ride height styling though, he kept moving Supras/RX7s/Z32's that fit that description way up front.

The other neat thing is we came on the set again tonight and watched for a while, kept hoping Paul Walker would notice one of the S3 "narc'd" stickers, haha. I'm also still getting paid for my car which works out alright.
Mischif
Clam Salesman

Post by Mischif »

Can you say where they're filming? I can't wait to see some Byronial brownness in F&F5!
Dr. Marlow wrote:i take in crons and spit out dick rides
Greg wrote:the pink hole isn't big enough, although I do fancy a little rumpy pumpy.
Black Guy wrote:See that WPS in the background? Stands for white people shit. Not my problem.
mischivous::home
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Mischif wrote:Can you say where they're filming? I can't wait to see some Byronial brownness in F&F5!
Rio.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae