S14 tein outter tie-rod ends

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Zach
Salsa Rodeo

S14 tein outter tie-rod ends

Post by Zach »

My car is too low to run these and not have a completely screwed up angle on the tie-rods, I managed to blow out the seals on my rack because of it so now I need either a new rack, or the seals, and some ends that will work. I think I paid ~$90 shipped. They've been used for a little bit of commuting in my car but nothing in the way of track time or extreme conditions. I'll take $60 OBO, just need the money to cover replacing them and maybe helping with a new rack/the seals to fix mine. They're not in bad shape, but if you really want I'll snag some pictures. PM me if interested and I'll send you a number to reach me at.

-Thanks,
Zach
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Re: S14 tein outter tie-rod ends

Post by matts13 »

are you talking the dust boots of the rack? cause tie rod angle should not affect any of the internal seals of the rack.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

matts13 wrote:are you talking the dust boots of the rack? cause tie rod angle should not affect any of the internal seals of the rack.
Nah, those were replaced with the tie-rods, well I guess the fluid is spraying out of them. I guess maybe it's the use of the spacers that is causing the rack to go too far at full lock then that blew out the seals? It's also got a bit of bump-steer which would be nice to clear up.
matts13

Post by matts13 »

having to big of spacer could cause some problems. or it could be the rack was just wore out. i think i am going to pull part in the am if you want to come or have me grab something for you.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

matts13 wrote:having to big of spacer could cause some problems. or it could be the rack was just wore out. i think i am going to pull part in the am if you want to come or have me grab something for you.
If you spot a rack and can grab it up for me that would be awesome, I may be down to go depending on when and to which one. I have a couple of tests coming up and need to get a ton of studying caught up so text me some details and I'll let you know if I can make it. Thanks
matts13

Post by matts13 »

you have text now???