Apple TV

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Greg
Muscle Milk

Apple TV

Post by Greg »

Purchased in November 2011, previous release, 720P version. aTV unit, remote and power cord, like new, original packaging and documentation. $50
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Re: Apple TV

Post by andysapp »

I might buy it off you, dude.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

you and Rhoad can monkey knife fight for it.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

If he doesn't have one, sell it to him... I was gonna buy it for the lake house. Superfluous.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Just don't bother putting XBMC on it. At least from my own experience that shit did not comply.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

I left it unmodified, my new one is going to remain the same.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

My XBMC runs okay. Except for the fluke that just happened where I was apparently using a beta version of it, and it broke completely. I had to update it by SSH'ing in through Terminal and FTP. I felt like the biggest nerd ever, but it worked... now my XBMC works fine again. The biggest catch is that I had to completely rebuild my library - including all the time I spent correcting movie posters/titles/nerd bullshit. Also, the fluke had something to do with me updating my tower (where I store my library) to Snow Leopard (welcome to years past, OS). WTF.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Updates always screw with stuff. We're still running Acrobat 9.x at work because of stupid compatibility issues with our offset plate maker and digital presses.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

we can't upgrade new that Java 6 update 26, our customer service agent software doesn't work. when clients mass update their Java we have to whack their peepees and refuse to help until they revert.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Andy, did you know you can export your library as separate files so they are always retained no matter what goes down? It saves the posters, fanart, nfos etc in their respective folders on the drive. Then if you have to reload the library, shit will be just like you left it.

I think my problems were bigger than just aTV. I set it up for my brother but he never got it to work quite right on his network. I formatted the drives NTFS for him since he has a pc but I didn't really know how to resolve the other issues. It also never ran nearly as smoothly as it does on my Mac Mini but I'm addicted to Aeon MQ so that also may have been part of the problem. Maybe the skin was too intense or something, I'ont know.

I might actually give it another go though since he's gone back to using my old WDTV.

But I digress, GLWS.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

charlie wrote:Andy, did you know you can export your library as separate files so they are always retained no matter what goes down? It saves the posters, fanart, nfos etc in their respective folders on the drive. Then if you have to reload the library, shit will be just like you left it.
WHAT?! No I did not, and will now be looking into this feature.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Settings > Video > Library > Export Video Library > "Export to a single file or separate files" > Separate.

It might ask you if you want to overwrite old files. I always say no because it takes much longer and isn't really necessary. It will also ask you about exporting actor thumbs I think, which I usually do even though I never really use that feature. The actor thumbs are hidden though, which is nice.