1986 FC gxl for sale, North GA

Do you have a part for sale? Don't post it here. Trust me.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

1986 FC gxl for sale, North GA

Post by kalifornia087 »

1986 Mazda Rx7
167k miles
5 speed

I have a 1986 Rx7 for sale, it is a non turbo GXL model, with factory 5 lug, 4 piston front calipers, and LSD differential. It is a great budget brawler, and a lot of fun to drive.

I've replaced a lot of new and used parts on this car. It runs pretty darn good. Currently I'm tracking a weird hesitation in the rpms (it's more like a surge, working on it though) but the car starts, runs, drives and even idles real nice.

-New water pump & gasket
-New thermostat
-Fresh oil and filter (rotella 15w40 / stp filter)
-Fresh Gear oil for the rearenend
-New clutch within the last 10k miles (the flywheel was resurfaced at that time also)
-Changed the exhaust out for a unit that had no pre-cats. Still retains a catalytic converter, just gets rid of the two pre-cats right after the manifold. The car is quiet.
-16" Turbo II rims with 225/50/16s
-Rear brakes are good, fronts ok. Shakes under higher speed braking
-Factory Manual Rack (no power steering)
-No AC
-Heater works (gotta have defroster)
-No radio
-All lights / blinkers / wipers work fine
-Manual Windows (the old power ones quit working, swapped the doors)
-Car is partially gutted, the carpet sucked so I took it out. I kept the rear storage bins because they are sweet.

-THERE ARE NO EMISSIONS ON THE CAR. The engine has been Stripped of every single thing that it doesn't need (deleted, Blocked Off, etc). It is very simple, which allows it to run much better, and makes it easier to work on. Even with everything removed the car can be warmed up and idling in about a minute flat most days.

-New Battery
-Intakes have all been resealed, and there are no intake leaks
-Radiator swapped for a fresher s5 unit
-The OMP (oil metering pump) has been DELETED. This car is Premix, tcw3. I will go over this with any serious buyers who haven't done that before.
-The Meagan Racing strut bar does not come with the car unless you want to buy it separately from my friend. I was just borrowing it and haven't removed it yet

The car needs an alignment, and possibly some tie rods, but this does not keep it from driving.
The chassy is beat up, and it doesn't match. But the motor rips and the car is fun to drive. Would make a great project for autocrossing, or (with some suspension) drifting. It is not for somebody to take the kids to school. I don't want any trades, Unless you have 3rd gen camaro parts.

This car is quirky, but it does donuts and other fun things. I wish It had power steering, because I feel like it snaps kinda fast for a non power rack, but I deal with it and it's still fun to rip around in. I drove it 45 minutes across town in the rain last night for Pizza, and it didn't break down or do anything stupid. Except donuts. But those aren't stupid. They're awesome.

$1400. DM homies get some dollas knocked off fa sho.
Call 404-395-6862 for more info. Thanks!

Last edited by kalifornia087 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
go fast or die
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Re: 1986 FC gxl for sale, North GA

Post by down_shift »

pics aren't working
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

pics totally working.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Ya earlier I put in HTML, and when I went back to redo them I kept getting a page error haha. Dey werkin' now
go fast or die
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Kinda want, unfortunately no place to hide it :(
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Well if it doesn't sell, it's gonna sit here in my buddy's backyard. So you should buy it, and it can Still sit here in the backyard, a mere 10-15 minutes from your home :cutelaugh:
go fast or die
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

icantdrift wrote:Kinda want, unfortunately no place to hide it :(
i know a place.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Figured out that hesitation, it was in the ECU. For a basically stock N/A car, this thing fuckin' screams. I don't even want to get rid of it now, but I need to because Camaro.
go fast or die
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

THIS THING FUGGIN' DRIFTS! I SEENT IT!
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

BARELY!! Hahaha

I drifted this car into a dirt embankment hauling ass on Monday. It still drives and does awesome donuts . I think I'm just gonna keep it.
go fast or die
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

SLFC!
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

So after basically trying to talk a local homie out of buying the car for two weeks, including emphasizing that I drifted in the woods and street smashed it overshooting a 60 mph e brake entry, he came and looked at the car today. After ripping 7k rpms through a few gears he was in love and bought the car. By bye baby... It's been a long, fucked up road!
go fast or die
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

No way!! The same dude you got it back from?
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

if it was same dude i hoped he paid in full this time
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Absolutely not haha. He was supposed to be our friend. Totally fucking ruined te car. I mean seriously, it was one color, had power windows, full interior. His 2 pit bulls completely demo'd the interior. Rest of the car was pretty fuckrd off too. I spent TWO FCKING WEEKS of my vacation fixing this pile of shit with my homie Matt. The one thing that justified the whole ordeal was the knoxville event happening, and me having the car for that. If it weren't for that private day this car woulda been a waste of time and effort haha.

I was kinda sad to see it go though. I was sure nobody would buy it and I was just gonna swap the motor into a miata or e30 chassy that was straight. Dreams of pipes! Cause she's gone like the wind now!

New buyer already spray painted it one color. I apologized to him for the conditon of the driver fender. It was straight, then I jumped on it... Repeatedly... For no reason. Gonna miss this stupid car.
Now I'm gonna buy a carburartor for my Camaro. Yeeeehaw!

go fast or die