Formula Drift 2005

What's not-so-new in the world of drifting. We don't pay attention to this section.

Moderators: charlie, andysapp

andysapp
I need to go outside

Formula Drift 2005

Post by andysapp »

I guess I can go ahead and officially announce (since it really isn't a secret anymore ) that I'll be running Formula Drift this year. ATL to Cali, baby. 6 stops - not including WDC, which is running 10 events across the country - 5 of which are on the east coast.

I don't think I'll be able to run the entire WDC series - since I still have a day job... and 16 major events (8 of which are Texas & west...) might be asking a lot of my employer. FD is on though... for sure.

It sounds crazy... but every night I go to sleep - it's all I think about. I can't wait!

Is anyone else planning on running any of the events?
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

so is THAT why you haven't been posting. afraid you might let it slip? or just sleeping gt live off? either way, welcome back suckkkkkkkkkaaaaaa!!!! that's awsome to hear, i hope to run if a car is anywhere in sight. eehh we'll see but hey congrats to you huh!!!
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

i plan on attempting to get myself ready for FD atlanta but i don't plan on running any of the other FD events... i can't afford all that between time off/trips/etc
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

hell yea, that's gonna rock!
i'll try my hardest to go along and be the support/photo crew on as many trips as i can too :).
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

ChunkeyMunkey1580 wrote:so is THAT why you haven't been posting. afraid you might let it slip? or just sleeping gt live off? either way, welcome back suckkkkkkkkkaaaaaa!!!!
Hahaha... yeah - I've been sleeping off GT Live like a madman. I almost feel knarkaleptic... I keep nodding off in strange places and waking up not knowing how I got there, lol.
icantdrift wrote:i plan on attempting to get myself ready for FD atlanta but i don't plan on running any of the other FD events... i can't afford all that between time off/trips/etc
Hellz yeah! That's gonna rawk! I hear ya about the cost of time off/road trips. I feel really lucky that I can take my work on the road with me. I wouldn't be able to swing it otherwise.
CodyW wrote:hell yea, that's gonna rock!
i'll try my hardest to go along and be the support/photo crew on as many trips as i can too :).
Sweeet! Hahaha... we'll have to get you entered in the ATL event!
TandemMechaniks!
:D
aburazaru
Get Some

Post by aburazaru »

knarkaleptic... what a fun word... kanarkalepticiser...haha i am so bored
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

what are you doing about firesuit/cage etc? just wondering what you're looking into... i've been hunting on ebay and actually found generic 1pc suits that meet FD's standards (SFI 3.2A/1) for $80 :), and a less expensive simpson branded one for $133. since they don't have their rules out yet i'm trying to figure out whether they need full face helmets or not because i found some nice g force open faced ones for $150 that are SA2000 rated from racerwholesale, haven't searched ebay yet. then i'd still need gloves/socks/shoes/underwear all fire retardant. cage is looking like autopower full cage, bolt in so i can remove the front half for daily driving. outside of that keep on the lookout for some decent 17" wheels either with or without tires and a 4x114 lug pattern so i can pick up some spares. or if someone has some nice wheels i can borrow and just replace the tires on ;) that would rock too :).
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

ooh, the tandemMechaniks entering in ATL would be a blast :). i'd probably suck, but it would still be awesome. off to find a fire suit!
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

i may also be traveling to the majority of the formula d and wdc events this year also, with the Bubba Drift team if all works well, i know for sure i'll at least be at the texas events, but it would be awesome to travel all over this summer
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

That's Absolutely Fabulous!

and not in the

kinda way, but in the

kinda way!!11!eleven!!!
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Andy that awesome! That's a real big commitment for a private effort. Best of luck to you in the comming season.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

Andy...we are going too. We need to find us a 2 car trailer before May so we can go together. It will be cheaper that way.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

captobvious wrote:i may also be traveling to the majority of the formula d and wdc events this year also, with the Bubba Drift team if all works well, i know for sure i'll at least be at the texas events, but it would be awesome to travel all over this summer
Nice! That's rad!!! I can't wait to see you out there! I love seeing that Camino slide! :D
sande wrote:That's Absolutely Fabulous!
Hahaha... thanks Sande!
down_shift wrote:Andy that awesome! That's a real big commitment for a private effort. Best of luck to you in the comming season.
Thanks yo! You're right... it's a pretty big commitment. It's going to be a crazy year. I may go flat broke in the process... but it's something I can't stop dreaming about! I want to get out there and have fun with the rest of them. I don't care about placing or winning. I just want to go out there and be the best I can be. If placing well falls into that category - then it's icing on the cake.

I can't wait... it's going to be rad!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Tracy wrote:Andy...we are going too. We need to find us a 2 car trailer before May so we can go together. It will be cheaper that way.
I am down like four flat tyres! I have 101K on that motor... I want to keep as much mileage off her as I can... not to mention if something should happen to the car (knocking on wood).
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

get a 3 car, i want in :).