// *.andysapp:com v.4 ~ 2005 Launch

What's not-so-new in the world of drifting. We don't pay attention to this section.

Moderators: charlie, andysapp

andysapp
I need to go outside

// *.andysapp:com v.4 ~ 2005 Launch

Post by andysapp »

Since I've been operating under the same boring (;)) website design since 2003... I decided to change it up a bit. Hehe... since I'm pushing "*.andysapp:com" hard this season with Formula D (so much that people (ie... martymartymarty.net) are calling me that as my full name, lol) - I figured a facelift was in order to keep things a bit more current. I kept some design elements... such as the navigation & frameset structure that I liked... but just tried to freshen things up for '05.

Click here to check the new site!

I tried to keep it pretty simple and straight forward, but decided to flex a li'l art stylee into it. I haven't been too enthused on design the past coupla months... so it was nice to feel some creativity want to break it's way outta my head.

This is just a soft launch of sorts. I'm still working on things with it to get it where I want it. I'd like to try and get photo credits in all the pictures on the site... especially those that rotate on the main page. I also have a ton of old video I'd like to get up there - as well as some Formula D footage. Hahahaha... the "electronicArt" section has been coming soon since '03 - maybe I'll get that online one day. I'd like to update the photo gallery as well. All with time, I guess. :)

The text message feature in the "contactInfo" section processes the data extremely slow, now that Cingular and AT&T Wireless merged. It used to process and send instantly, whereas now it takes about a minute... which sucks, but oh well. Thanks Cingular. ;)

Anyway... take a look over everything, and let me know what you think. I'm very receptive to constructive criticism. So holla. Let me know if any links are broken. I've gone through it a hundred times, but something always ends up getting overlooked... it's the nature of webDev, I suppose.

Love always...
*.andysapp:com, inc.``
;)
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

looks good!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

it's so dreamy!!!!

seriously though, it looks badass. awesome work as usual sir!

edit: the down select description rocks!!!! :mrgreen:
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

sugoi!
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

love it! *thumbsup*
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Rawk!! Thanks guys! I'm still chipping away at some things. It feels good to have a current site again, lol.

Next up - a dM makeover!
:D
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Looks good Andy.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

So the site is now officially in the air! I got my electronicArt section online after over two years of procrastination & my favorite faux pas of web design: the coming soon page - up as a placeholder.

I dropped 12 recent works in the mix, and I'm going through some of my older work and would like to get some of that online as well. I'm still trying to flip one design per day to keep the creativity flow on constant... so there will surely be more work to be posted soon.

Take a look and let me know what you think!!
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

I like the RUN DMC one, but there all good.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

kick ass work bro!
Perhaps you had it planned, but I'm seeing a pattern in your color choices. Several of the designs look similar. However, the color choices work very well together.

On a side note.....Have you ever thought of starting your own shirt and/or design company? You certainly have the talent for it.

I'm kinda digging this "one design per day" idea. My design skills need a lot of work so perhaps thats a route i can take as well to hone (sp?) them.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

that stuff looks freaking awesome
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

down_shift wrote:I like the RUN DMC one, but there all good.
Thanks man! That's one of my favorites. I think it looks the most like an actual painting.
Rhoad Racing wrote:kick ass work bro!
Perhaps you had it planned, but I'm seeing a pattern in your color choices. Several of the designs look similar. However, the color choices work very well together.

On a side note.....Have you ever thought of starting your own shirt and/or design company? You certainly have the talent for it.

I'm kinda digging this "one design per day" idea. My design skills need a lot of work so perhaps thats a route i can take as well to hone (sp?) them.
I'm still really on a black, white, and red tip. Something about those colors are really appealing to me right now. Other than that - I'm trying to mess with more earth-tones and going for some all out color onslaughts tapping into as much vibrant color as I can.

Hahaha... DriftMechaniks sorta started as a shirt company. I've been so busy/scatterbrained, that I haven't been able to put as much time into it as I'd like. Actually - I've had time to design stuff... I've just been so bad about selling what has already been printed, that I won't let myself make more until the old stock is gone. Every time I make shirts I make a ton, and say "I'm going to sell these online", and don't end up doing it.

Ideally, I would LOVE to get a system going to where we can ALL bust out dick tee-shirts and sell'm to fund cranking out more. I wouldn't even want to make mad money off it - just enough to keep flipping new shirts. I know for a fact that we can make shirts just as rad as Pac Rim... there just isn't enough time in the day to make it all work. :( Once the Formula D season dies down after August I DEFINITELY am going to get our shxxxt together and try and get this machine moving. :D
CodyW wrote:that stuff looks freaking awesome
Thanks, killa!!!
rotary_drift_dreams
Ripe Meat

Post by rotary_drift_dreams »

:D sweet
Tracy
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Tracy »

Gorgeous! You are sooooooo talented!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Whoa! This is an old thread!

Thanks! I'm trying to get things together for a new site. This one is out-dated, lol.