// *.andysapp:com v.5 ~ 2006 Launch

What's not-so-new in the world of drifting. We don't pay attention to this section.

Moderators: charlie, andysapp

andysapp
I need to go outside

// *.andysapp:com v.5 ~ 2006 Launch

Post by andysapp »

I've been diligently at work re-vamping my site for 2006... and put the finishing touches on it tonight to get her launched!

I started to try a complete re-design... but couldn't lock down a look for the site that I didn't hate the next day - so I just decided to re-vamp the existing site (since I liked the interface). I tightened everything up and got her up to speed how she should have been in the FOERST place.

I put some bells and whistles on her tonight, like the script that refreshes the header picture with each page click... so the look is always fresh. I implemented a script to e-mail my Sidekick II, which turned out pretty rad. I eliminated the old frame setup, and went without frames, except a few iFrames where they were needed - like the video and art sections.

I've been getting sponsor traffic on the site, and desperately needed to overhaul it. I think it turned out pretty killer, and combined with the rest of my press kit... should make for a nice knock over the head to any sponsor who doesn't think I'm serious about what I'm doing. :)

Take a look and let me know what you think. If ya'll find any bugs or glitches... definitely let me know! Both my PC's aren't back up and running yet after the crash, so I can't debug for PC just yet.

http://www.andysapp.com/
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

looks freakin' good, nice work!!!
the only glitch i'm seeing on the PC so far is a slight mis-alignment within the home page (there is about a 10px white gap at the bottom of the body area, right above the row of sponsors). didn't notice anything besides that though, and it all looks great!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

How's it look now?

I know Mac's and PC's render web-text differently... so I can fit more text on a Mac without breaking the table structures. I didn't even think about that. I pulled a line out of the news that was probably the source of the problem.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Oooh weeee! that bitch has come a long way since I FOERST met her on the bottom floor of the ShitLetsDuckInHereSoWeDontGetShotTheFuckUp parking garage. Site looks nice! How could it not with your sexy face all over the place....((s'ok, wipe the sweat, keep typing...you can do this)) Ha! Anyway, I noticed that when I'm browsing the photoGallery (in Safari) the rollovers on the main navigation stick until you roll over something else. It didn't do that on the other pages so I'm assuming it's not intentional. Good work on the site, but fuck you for not coming to the CHI! :twisted:

I foouuuund you Miss New Booty...

[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Andy all the changes look great. I like the video profile setup and I really like the sponsor/affiliates page now. Good stuff.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Thanks ya'll! I tried to check it on all the machines at work, and everything is looking okay. Hopefully she's a fully-operational battle station!
:D

Now... about the dM site...
;P