** South East Drift Association: SouthEastDrift.com **

What's not-so-new in the world of drifting. We don't pay attention to this section.

Moderators: charlie, andysapp

andysapp
I need to go outside

** South East Drift Association: SouthEastDrift.com **

Post by andysapp »

For those of you who attended the meeting last month at Andretti Speedlab hosted by Team Sixgun & Top Hat Performance, you remember how we all discussed getting organized with intent to launch a grassroots effort to get legal drift events going.

That discussion has become a reality: South East Drift Association (SEDA).

I launched the temp website and forum last night, at www.southeastdrift.com
The full website will be online shortly. Here, you will be able to register and sign up for membership, events, etc. There will also a list of members/charter members, contact info, and more.

Our goal, in the broadest sense is to provide legal practice/track time for drifters. We all have had our encounters with the law, and it's time to get the ball rolling with some 100% legal events. As an non-profit organization, we will be able to organize events, approach venues, lock down insurance costs, etc. The goal is to help get everyone in an environment where you can really learn about drifting. I speak from experience, when I say: drifting in a safe, controlled, and LEGAL environment is the single largest contributing factor to learning faster.

The organization will function along a similar line to SCCA, hopefully as a sanctioning body. Charter membership is available for the FOERST 100 members or until December 2004, at which point regular membership take effect.

More information will be posted shortly regarding membership details & what membership entail.
I will keep you all posted with more information as it develops!
:D
Last edited by andysapp on Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slidewaysgolf
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by slidewaysgolf »

hey Andy if you need any help with any of this i do have some experiace in this field, I did used to be on the south east devision rallyx bord of directors untill they band Club and Prorally here.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

slidewaysgolf wrote:hey Andy if you need any help with any of this i do have some experiace in this field, I did used to be on the south east devision rallyx bord of directors untill they band Club and Prorally here.
Whoa... I don't see how I missed your post. Sorry, man!

We can always use a helping hand from people who have experience with putting events together. ChadMK4 is the man to talk to about trying to get events going. He is one of the organizers... as well as Ghost of Duluth.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

After massive amounts of sleep deprivation, I got the beta launch of southeastdrift.com online last night around 5am. I'm still working out bugs with the site (haha... yes there are some bugs), and will be adding the remainder of the content over the weekend. I really wanted to get a front-end up online since Mike is out at SEMA this week.

I think the site turned out really cool! Take a look... more to come soon!

www.southeastdrift.com