Formula D Atlanta Wrap-up

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Formula D Atlanta Wrap-up

Post by andysapp »

WOW. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWW!

What an amazing weekend. FOERST and foremost... I want to thank each and every one of you guys who came out this weekend to hang out, cheer me on, and lend a helping hand. I 100% could not have made it through the weekend without you guys. You all know who you are, and I love each and every one of you!!!

This weekend was single handedly the craziest weekend of my life. I got to run tandem with Alex for Fox5 News, which was insane... I semi-struggled during practice, but managed to lay it all down for qualifying to make Top 32... we sold out of t-shirts... I only spun twice all weekend... I didn't get sunburned... my parents came out to cheer me on... I could go on and on. To sum up a shorthand version... it was awesome.

I have to thank Dunlop Tires for supplying me with FM 901's for the event. They worked GREAT! I was pleasantly surprised how long they lasted. Batlground Engineering gets a HUGE thanks for helping me out with the car... getting the clutch/flywheel installed, suspension, and overall support. The car ran extremely well. A tad underpowered for the elevation changes... but otherwise very solid. The new clutch works great! The flywheel will take some getting used to... I hit redline way faster now.

I had sooo much fun this weekend. It's hard to beleive that last year I was against the fence as a spectator thinking "this shxxxt is amazing... I HAVE to get out there and do this"... and then a year later I'm on the other side of that very same fence actually doing it. It's been a long crazy road... and a rough one at times... but all worth it after this weekend.

Anyway... I'm beyond exhausted. I think I've been running at full steam for the past two weeks... and it's time to sleep. For a week. Make that two. ;)

Thanks again you guys. For real... you are all so awesome... and I fxxxcking love you guys.
:D
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

Andy I only got to see you run today but you were tearing it up. Car looked great out there and people in the stands deffiantly knew what was up. Hope you make top 16 in Houston. Great showing!
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Sideshow
Ripe Meat

Post by Sideshow »

Andy, like you said, the weekend was awesome! Congrats on the top 32 qual! It was excellent being there to cheer you on. I got footage of Friday that I will post up when I get back in Auburn.
AadosX
Fresh Meat

Post by AadosX »

Congrats Andy!!! THis weekend rocked!
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

sideshow has friday footage and i have saturday footage. so now that my computer is up and running again. now i just need to get some programs back on it....(all programs were from school before).....then i can get a video posted up.

amazing amazing amazing. hearing your name and Driftmechaniks over the PA system was rad, not to mention all the people screaming support for you. and it was cool as hell that your parents came to support.

when/where is the next FD event?
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

Andy, you definitely ripped it up out there. I was shocked to not see you go further, but that's politics... Good luck with the rest of the series!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

this was by far one of the most fun weekends ever, hands down. i had so much fun watching you tear it up out there every time and was so proud to see you make it on to top 32, that was an amazing task. can't wait for FD ATL next year, this was great.

oh, and one other thing, i just wanted to say thanks again to jeremy from discount tire for hooking us up with so much stuff (shirts, tickets, stickers, etc.). we all really appreciate everything a ton!
Last edited by CodyW on Sun May 08, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

What Cody said ^ pretty much sums up how I feel about the weekend. It had to be one of the best ever. Andy, we're all proud of you, you did a hell of a job out there. Like Sande said I was definately suprised you didn't move on. It was all about everyone elses tire smoke.. Which just goes to show you why we need to do a buy Andy forced induction/different motor fundraiser :lol: somehow! I have no doubt with a bit more power you could easily have made top 16. Awesome new avatar Andy :D Best of luck in Houston!
-Zach
Mr.///M
Fresh Meat

Post by Mr.///M »

You definatly tore some sh*t up, Congrats!!
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

CONGRATS ANDY!!11!!!1!!!!1! i was super stoked to see you rawkin' it in the top 32.

i think this would do nicely under the bimmer's hood :twisted:

This Supercharger system is a FOERST to offer both a Front Mounted Intercooler with an Oil Cooler. It is the only Front Mounted Intercooler in production at present. The system will deliver instantaneous power and low end torque that is unfamiliar to other types of superchargers currently available.

This is achieved all while running on super unleaded with the factory exhaust catalyst and stock muffler in place. (See the Dyno chart for RWH data).

There is no need for adding a Mechanical Fuel Pressure Regulator, or any other ancillary add-ons to compensate for ignition or fuel. It is all done in the software, just like how the factory would.

This Supercharger Kit Includes:

# Revolutionary new, compact design supercharger
# 8 PSI boost with over 320+ BHP at the crank
# Special uni-belt with additional rollers
# Front mounted intercooler to keep the power high
# Front mounted oil cooler. The supercharger has its own separate oil system with reservoir Bypass valve
# Mandrel bent tubing
# High temperature hoses with clamps
# K&N air filter
# All installation hardware included
# Six high flow fuel injectors
# Dyno tuned and tested software included
# Warranty on Supercharger Parts
# 1 year/unlimited mileage
# CD Installation guideline with pictures
# 12.0 Hrs Installation recommended
# Technical support included

The installation. This supercharger kit comes complete with detailed pictures in a step by step CD manual making a installation with the shortest possible downtime when performed by a qualified technician.

Please allow 1 -2 weeks for delivery.

Currently not approved for street use in California.

C KIT E46SC-2

E46 325i Supercharger Kit with Front Mount Intercooler

$5,994.95

kinda expensive, but maybe if you hit 'em up for sponsorship, who knows... that or we should try to convince bmw to throw you coulpe ///M motors.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I thought centrifugal superchargers made the majority of their power a bit higher up in the rpm range, considering it's basically a belt driven turbo? Correct me if I am wrong on that :D That kit would be exactly what you need though Andy, that is if the number they say there is what you would be making :D That would be that extra bit of power to get you a bit more speed and smoke :twisted:
-Zach
Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank

Post by Frosty_SPL »

andy + supercharger = competition destruction
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
shanecookie
Fresh Meat

andy + supercharger = Still not a Skyline

Post by shanecookie »

J/K brother how the hell are you. I am stoked that you jammed and bummed I was not there. I just talked to Ross P and he filled me in on the weekends hits and misses. And my brother managed to crash again. Gotta give him a new nickname I think. Hopefully the Skyline will be ready for Houston since I am back in the driver seat since James crashed it, again. Hope to see you there killing it bro take care.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Congrats again Andy! It was one hell of a weekend. I can't wait for next weekend!
Beans and cornbread.
Eurasian
Fresh Meat

Post by Eurasian »

Congrats on your top 32, wish I could had been there to cheer you on and meet everyone. Good luck in your next event and get some rest you earned it.