Happy New Year! Yearly Update from Indonesia...

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

AE111
Ripe Meat

Happy New Year! Yearly Update from Indonesia...

Post by AE111 »

Happy New Year ATLANTA!

As usual, this is my yearly update. Getting a new heart for the old girl...

4AGE 20V silvertop longblock, but also got a blacktop head to grab the ITBs (so I can run MAP not AFM like the silvers, and 45mm heartshaped ITBs vs 42mm rounders on the silvers), the intake cam (more lift than the silvertop intake cams), the exhaust cam gear (it's a little bit lighter), and the header (better flowing design than the silvertop header), but will keep the silvertop head because of the port flow and combustion chamber design (better for low end, midrange, and forced induction, heh heh):

FOUR THROTTLES?!

MSD SS Blaster Coil and 6AL box for the ignition setup:

Dastek piggy with turbo module and direct injector driver:

Ohhhhhh, JDM Corolla Riviere trunk and fender emblems:

Hmmm, real headlight washers:

What, couldn't get a pair?!
Generz
Eet Bacon

Re: Happy New Year! Yearly Update from Indonesia...

Post by Generz »

That's gonna be awesome!

Good to hear from ya!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Yay Jarvis!

PS, I'm back in a Toyota now if you didn't see my thread from a few months back: http://www.driftmechaniks.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=10835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AE111
Ripe Meat

Re: Happy New Year! Yearly Update from Indonesia..

Post by AE111 »

CodyW wrote:Yay Jarvis!

PS, I'm back in a Toyota now if you didn't see my thread from a few months back: http://www.driftmechaniks.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=10835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, there are like only four Soarers in the whole country, but they're all JZ-ed and boosted.

You should buy a pair of four-throttles from the 20V engines, cut one set in half, and combine 'em with the uncut pair for a six-throttle setup, that'd sound hella phat!

Oh, did I mention I'm staying supercharged? :teethslay:

A modest half-bar of boost on top of 10.5:1 compression, 5V per cylinder, and an 8000+ RPM redline is gonna sound killer, I hope... :sweatdrop:
AE111
Ripe Meat

Post by AE111 »

Generz wrote:That's gonna be awesome!

Good to hear from ya!
Thanks brah! I decided on the engine swap because my other options were gonna be just as difficult or as expensive (twincharge my already supercharged 4AF, find a bigger supercharger and make it fit, or go just turbo but big boost).

My engine swap options were the 3S-GE, 3S-GTE, BEAMS 3S-GE, 7AF, 16V 4AG, or 20V 4AG. Finally decided on the 20V engine because I got a good deal on a silvertop longblock as it was missing a bunch of important parts (no PS, no ECU, no resistor box for the low imp injectors, all wiring cut, missing AFM, etc.), and also managed to snag a great deal on a blacktop head as well because it was also missing a bunch of parts (no MAP, no resistor box for the low imp injectors, broken TPS, no thermostat housing, broken spark plug cover, etc.). And swapping this baby in isn't going to involve changing trannies, or engine mounts, or even the ECU. Although the last certainly isn't optimal, all the missing pieces should come together with the Dastek Unichip's involvement, even with the notorious "relearning" Toyota ECU. The Unichip does 4D mapping, boost mapping up to 1.5 bar (like around 21 psi), heck I can even run the injectors directly off the piggyback with the optional injector module.

Oh, did I mention it's staying supercharged? Har har har...
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

That's awesome, Jarvis.

Is the supercharger going to be able to rev as high as the motor will?
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Yo Jarvis!!! Your car is so rad it almost hurts!
K-groove
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by K-groove »

Nice hearing from you. Sounds like you've got a lot work to do.
AE111
Ripe Meat

Post by AE111 »

Generz wrote:That's awesome, Jarvis.

Is the supercharger going to be able to rev as high as the motor will?
The supercharger has a top speed of 24,000 RPM, we've got the pulley sized such that it hits a teeny-weeny bit over 20,000 at 6,500 RPM engine speed (the stock engine's redline). We're gonna resize the pulley for 18 or 19 thousand RPM at 8000 RPM engine speed, I figured the increased compression ration and revs of the engine will make up for the lower max boost/blower airflow. It's all pretty much theory at this point in the build, heh heh, we'll see how she runs next week (if at all :sweatdrop: ), once everything gets buttoned up.
AE111
Ripe Meat

Post by AE111 »

andysapp wrote:Yo Jarvis!!! Your car is so rad it almost hurts!
Thanks, bro Andy! :headbang:

But really it's just an old Corolla... :cry2:

Howzitgoin' wid da Beemer? :mrgreen:
AE111
Ripe Meat

Post by AE111 »

K-groove wrote:Nice hearing from you. Sounds like you've got a lot work to do.
Yeah brah, FOERST thing is to get the engine in the bay and running. Then we'll get the accessories hooked up, like the AC. Finally the supercharger will go on and the piping still needs to get redone. :eh2:

But things here in Indonesia go waaaay quicker than they do in the States. Last time I had the supercharger brackets fabbed up and the blower bolted on the engine and spinning in a day. Finding the right size belt to run it continously took a whole other day, mostly because I just HAD to run a Toyota belt and wouldn't consider anything else, heh heh. The piping took three days (started cutting and welding Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday afternoon it was all done), but everything IS a little easier because the engine is mostly tucked. :cutelaugh:

Here common swaps (4AF/7AF to 4AG 16V/20V, 7AF to 7AG, non-VTEC to VTEC, D-series to B-series, MIVEC head swaps, 4G63T swaps, RB+SR swaps, 4AF/7AF to 3S-GE and GTE), take less than a week total, including the wiring and any associated sensor swaps/modifications. Heck, sometimes the price of the engine INCLUDES the swap... :blaugh:
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

This thing sounds like it will be awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it come together!
go fast or die