I'm done with the Moped thing.

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Epik
Imitation Crab Meat

Re: I'm done with the Moped thing.

Post by Epik »

andysapp wrote:Foke, dude... yeah if you are still bleeding really bad you need to get it looked at. Also, as far as I know, you're only supposed to use hydrogen peroxide once or twice after the initial incident to clean it out. After that it actually eats away at healing tissue.
quoted this for truth..

what i usually do is use good antibacterial soap, i've even used dawn dish liquid for the deep greasy slices when the wrench slipped and i got gashed. brush it out using the antibacterial soap, then the peroxide for about 5 minutes flushing it. most important thing is to get all the dirt out, the bubbles will help float it out. then the neosporin, all up and in there. keep it moist and the bandage wont stick.

does sound like you may need a stitch if you still have a bleeder. how much we talkin here?

i see a lot of things in the OR, i may know some tricks for you ;)

take it easy man
MBDrift's 1997 German Miata
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

Daaaang Chad that sucks man. Heal up quick
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

if it's small enough.. the bleeder i mean.. i've closed them with superglue.

hope that you're feelin better man.
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

chicks dig scars
get this: http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Saline-Wou ... 907&sr=8-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You've got the wrong answer
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Marlow, is it ok if I swim in the ocean? Kathy and myself will be in Destin with Matt and Taylor this weekend and I would think that it would be fine but a Dr's opinion is what I need not what "I think".
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Sucks!! Moped front ends always seemed really sketchy to me, like a kid's bicycle fork and the world's smallest drum brake/hub that is supposed to keep you safe going 50mph. Glad you made it out OK though for the most part!!
siccccckkkkkkkk
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

I was able to get down stairs yesterday and work on the moped for a while.
Took the wheel off and apart and found that the big spring that keeps the shoes together when you're not applying braking pressure had come off and lodged itself between the center hub and the shoe causing it to lock up even more as the rolling force moved forward.
I was able to pry the shoe out, Or should I say I was able to "shoe-horn" it out? XP Once I got it out I check everything over and it was in remarkable shape for having locked up and having a spring lodged in place. There were some light gouges in the center hub but the braking surface was fine and so was the shoe and spring. I put everything back together and noticed that there wasn't anything that really held the spring in place other than pressure. So I used my welder and put a couple of small nipples in the inside ends of the spring so it can't come out again unless you are intentionally removing it. Unfortunately, when I got everything back together and was adjusting the brake the stupid cable snapped! But thankfully it's next to nothing to replace and adjust.
I checked out the rest of the bike and one of the pegs was a little bent up and I was able to pop it back back down with a couple wacks with the rubber mallet. The head light got jarred loose and it broke the plastic bezel that held it in place but I was able to put it back in place and retighten it. The handle bars aren't warped and everything seems to be fine with it. I cranked it up and it's acting like it has a slight air leak when I disengage the choke. Wants to rev up a little more than usual. I pushed on the carb and it started acting normal again. So I think it just needs to be resealed again around the carb.

Eugene, I changed out the jet to a 52 I think just to see what it would do with a much smaller jet. It didn't like that. It was spitting and missing with that. So the next step was going to be putting a 59 or a 62 in there. But I didn't get that far. :)

Andy, If you still want this thing let me know because I'm gonna put it up on Craigslist asap if you decline.

Thanks for the Well Wishes everyone! I didn't realize how much I lean on my elbow until I couldn't use it anymore. I can't even lay it on my body while I watch tv. Sucks.
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

(I'm a bit late on this one on here) glad it wasnt worse man, those pics looked baaaad.
unhinged......no, not really.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Chad.. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and healing!

A 52 jet is way too small for a bike that has a kit on it with the parts you have. It definitely was running super lean.

I ran a 52 jet with my stock motor running a pipe and the factory 14.12

My bike is setup very similar to yours right now and my jet is in the high 60s. It is a little closer to lean than rich.

Andy.. pick up the bike from Chad.. it's a good bike to keep in the family.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Updated picture of the arm and leg.

jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Arm: ouch!

Leg: at least its better than the arm!

Your elbow looks worse now than it did on page 1 man, didnt think it covered your entire forearm like that. Wicked :(
siccccckkkkkkkk
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Re: Re: I'm done with the Moped thing.

Post by Dr. Marlow »

ChadMK4 wrote:Marlow, is it ok if I swim in the ocean? Kathy and myself will be in Destin with Matt and Taylor this weekend and I would think that it would be fine but a Dr's opinion is what I need not what "I think".
it will burn and sting, the main thing I would be worried about is infections, I would avoid swimming if possible until it scabs over
You've got the wrong answer
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Ped acquired! Thanks Chad!!! Hope the cash helps with the healing. ;)

Also - I managed to get it out of my truck bed by myself without ramps. Now I reek of gasoline, and it is awesome.

I must admit... I'm bummed we never got to ride!
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Thanks Marlow, My leg is completely scrabbed over and my arm is on the way. My leg is pretty much pain free unless I bump it or put pressure on the wound. My arm on the other hand still throbs occassionally and I've been taking IB Profen everyday. Last night was the FOERST night that I tried to sleep without a bandage on it. I still didn't sleep very well.

Andy, I'm glad you got it out ok. It's not as heavy as it looks. Yea I'm kinda bummed too about the rides. But I tried to make it down to Memorial a few times but there was always something that came up. A lot of times it was sleep. :)
Anyways, be careful on it! Let me know if you want me to tinker with anything or have any questions. Also, if you take the rear wheel off and need me to tap the rear brake spring like I did on the front let me know. We can knock it out in 5 minutes.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Go buy some full leather gear Mr. Sapp, haha! Hope we can go cruise soon though.