Apology from SEDA to all participants.

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Post Reply
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Apology from SEDA to all participants.

Post by Rhoad Racing »

Ghost of Duluth wrote:Well as all of you know, 9/11 was a bust. I left the event pissed off to no end but not really sure who I was pissed at. I cannot blame the police of Orangeburg SC for shutting us down since all of them (except Napolean) was cool. I cannot blame any member of SEDA as everything was presented to us as good. I cannot blame the manager of the mall since technically it is private property and she didn't think we needed a permit (which we should not have) so i'm really not sure who to be mad at. It was just an unfortunate series of events that culminated in our shut down.

I for one want to apologize to everyone that came out, I am sure that all of the SEDA heads feel as I do when I say "We feel terrible about the demise of the event". It was great turnout and we could not have asked for more from you guys. You have shown us that you will come to basically the end of the earth to participate in one of our events. That speaks volumes about your commitments to Drifting and to us. You guys are what drives us to put on events. We will continue to do so and by god we will go through hell to not have this happen again.

So from us to you, we give you our sincerest apologies. The unthinkable happened and we will bust our asses to make sure it does not happen again. I promise that. Thanks again to all that came out. We owe you and will do our best to make the next events better than ever.
on a personal note....I put an incredible amount of time and energy into getting this event up and off of the ground. And within 2hrs it was ripped out of my hands as well as our participants. My level of anger and frustration is almost unexplainable. :evil: :cry:

I need a beer.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29036
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Personally... I don't think anyone from SEDA should be apologizing. It was something that was out of all of our hands.

I feel like the Mayor of Orangeburg should be apologizing, IMHO. Perhaps the rude Police cheif that shut it down so rudely?
Guhgtard
Clam Salesman
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:39 am
Location: Dunwoody touge, tarmac stage.

Post by Guhgtard »

andysapp wrote: Perhaps the rude Police cheif that shut it down so rudely?
in the police's defense, the guys that were there early that morning were very nice guys. wlking around tlaking to the guys in the parking lot. i think the a-hole cops where the ones that just came on duty.
What I am, what I want, I'm only after death

Green filter, TXS unichip, V7 STi struts, Tein S Tech, Perrin Sways, Superleggeras with T1-Rs.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

Guhgtard wrote:
andysapp wrote: Perhaps the rude Police cheif that shut it down so rudely?
in the police's defense, the guys that were there early that morning were very nice guys. wlking around tlaking to the guys in the parking lot. i think the a-hole cops where the ones that just came on duty.
yep....all the cops that were off duty seemed to be very cool. However, the Police Cheif was a complete dick!
Guhgtard
Clam Salesman
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:39 am
Location: Dunwoody touge, tarmac stage.

Post by Guhgtard »

choo dat.
What I am, what I want, I'm only after death

Green filter, TXS unichip, V7 STi struts, Tein S Tech, Perrin Sways, Superleggeras with T1-Rs.
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

yeah the ones hanging out were very cool... it was just SGT Dickhead and his sidekick shaniqua that had attitude over nothing. i understand they were just the messengers, but the messenger could have a bit less attitude when handling business.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29036
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

True true... no doubt. The officers that were all there in the morning were really cool. I saw them talking to a whole bunch of folks, looking at cars with genuine interest.

There were two cops that I saw that were geeked up on a power trip and acting a fool. One of them, it was my understanding was the Police cheif or captain.
guerilladrifter
Fresh Meat
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: walterboro, sc

Post by guerilladrifter »

Is there anyone at the head of SEDA, like a founder or ceo or something?and if so how can i get in touch with him? not to complain i just want to talk about an idea I've got.
Main Entry: 1guer·ril·la
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage

2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

guerilladrifter wrote:Is there anyone at the head of SEDA, like a founder or ceo or something?and if so how can i get in touch with him? not to complain i just want to talk about an idea I've got.
I'm on the Board of Owners. PM me your idea.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

Post Reply