How Lame was Drift 9/11?
Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
thanks man.....we did our best. But don't worry. We are going to come back to SC with a vengence!!
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
it just so happens .... that's exactly where we are going!!! haha....during Spring Break too! *hump* We may have an event in Charleston before then though. The women in Charleston are unbelievable!! *drowls*Guhgtard wrote:Myrtle Beach, please please please!!!!Rhoad Racing wrote:thanks man.....we did our best. But don't worry. We are going to come back to SC with a vengence!!
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
-
guerilladrifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: walterboro, sc
Dude if there is anything i can do to help you guys put on an event in chuck-town sc, let me know please!!!!!!!!! It's only 30 min away from my house, and I know a s%$t load of people. If I could help get it done in the next few months it would be sweeter. If you guys need a place to stay to come scout a location or whatever, let me know. 9/11 did blow but i did get a few laps and im hooked. so let me know someting. If you need radio play I was up untill a year a ago in a pretty popular local band.I know the djs at both rock stations. and if you do an event can seda hold my money from 9/11 till then?
Main Entry: 1guer·ril·la
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
ok then...here's what we need.......a location! You saw what we had at Drift911 as far as size and obsticals. Try to find something like that, but shoot for bigger and with less obsticals/poles. Once you think you've found a place, take pics/vids of it and email them to me (chrisrhoad@southeastdrift.com). If we are able to lock the venue down for an event, I will personaly see to it that you drift in that event for free!guerilladrifter wrote:Dude if there is anything i can do to help you guys put on an event in chuck-town sc, let me know please!!!!!!!!! It's only 30 min away from my house, and I know a s%$t load of people. If I could help get it done in the next few months it would be sweeter. If you guys need a place to stay to come scout a location or whatever, let me know. 9/11 did blow but i did get a few laps and im hooked. so let me know someting. If you need radio play I was up untill a year a ago in a pretty popular local band.I know the djs at both rock stations. and if you do an event can seda hold my money from 9/11 till then?
Just a couple pointers to keep in mind:::
**Try to stay away from shopping centers and such. Granted 911 was in a shopping center, but that portion of the lot is never used so we lucked out.
**Look around and see if there are any residential neighborhoods around...i don't I need to explain the reasoning behind this anymore
**Quality of the surface. We want as little to holes/obstructions in the pavement. A pot hole the size of a tennis ball will end up being the size of a watermelon by the end of the day.
Start with that...and let me know what you come up with. Pics/vids are very important, so do what you can. OR, find a street address of the location and tell me. I'll enter that address into Google Earth and take a look at it.
If I ever get some free time I'll down to Chuck-Town and take a look around too. But me having free time while I'm in SC is very unlikely.
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
-
guerilladrifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: walterboro, sc
Sweet that should be no prob. How far outside of chuck would be ok, like if i find an industrial park or abandond air strip? I have access so a plane so ill try to see if i can fly over charleston next week. What about walterboro, where i live? Granted it is a po-dunk town with a prem. pop. of 3500, but I know all of the important cops through the body shop I work at. We do all of the cop cars for the city, county, and highway patrol. Its off 95 so it would be easy to get to. I know if we could get it approved we wouldn't get shut down. I also know that there is a abandond runway at the very small air port here. maybe a possibility, just some ideas.
Main Entry: 1guer·ril·la
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
airports/strips are good. But if they are active in any way....don't waste your time. We won't be able to get clearance.....Chad has tried once before and failed.
Don't forget pics! Lots of them!
Try to stay relatively close to Charleston if possible. I wouldn't go any further west than Summerville.
edit::: btw, thanks for any/all your time. SEDA just doens't have the man power to go out and search for venues all over the South East. So we need people such as your self to help us out.
Don't forget pics! Lots of them!
Try to stay relatively close to Charleston if possible. I wouldn't go any further west than Summerville.
edit::: btw, thanks for any/all your time. SEDA just doens't have the man power to go out and search for venues all over the South East. So we need people such as your self to help us out.
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE

