Can you say ovvveeeerrrrsteeeeerrrrr?

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

xonn
Fresh Meat

Can you say ovvveeeerrrrsteeeeerrrrr?

Post by xonn »

I got a pair of the Potenza S-03s a couple weeks ago for a really good price and yesterday got around to getting them mounted on the front wheels. So there are the S-03s up front and some cheapy Sumitumos that the car came with in the rear. After the rain stopped yesterday evening, I went out practing and holyshitballs Nobuteru! It takes 0 and I mean 0 effort to get the rear to break away. I've had the S-02s in the past and they were awesome, but they are nothing like the S-03s. Turn in is super sharp and the front just grips and grips and grips and well you get the idea. I wasn't able to induce understeer once in the 2 and a half hours that I was out there. There's no way the rear tires can keep up. I'll eventually probably get a set for the rear but right now the Sumitumos will have to stay there. I can't justify burning up 140 dollar tires every other month. Not yet at least... :)
Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers...

http://ciphermonk.net
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

sounds like fun! You need to grab some video next time!

I'm not a huge fan of my stock potenza tires [and i've got a few of 'em sitting on my balcony, too] because they are SUPER sticky. But until I can afford something different I'm makin' 'em work.
xonn
Fresh Meat

Post by xonn »

They're so sticky that you can't get em loose? Which did you car come with? The REs or the S-03s?
Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers...

http://ciphermonk.net
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

My tires are: 225/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE070 Summer/Directional

They're not so sticky I can't get them loose... But they aren't the easiest because they are super grippy.

Water takes care of all woes, though;)