Infiniti G35 coupe

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Beksooh822
Fresh Meat

Infiniti G35 coupe

Post by Beksooh822 »

Hi, new to this forum, my names dan and i own a g35 coupe. i have a couple of questions i was hoping someone more experienced could help me with, ive noticed some things about my car when i drift corners, 1) initiating is always a problem, not that the car is underpowered but it takes a lot for the ass to slide out. 2) maintaining a drift for a longer than a few seconds is almost impossible. Are there any hints as to how to maintain drifts for longer? Im not sure if its just me not getting the ratio of gas and clutch properly, im staying away from utilizing my ebrake, and using just feint techniques to get the drift started, clutch popping seems like it will take a toll on the stage three clutch so im staying away from those options, any suggestions?
K-groove
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by K-groove »

G35 and 350z both have a lot of understeer from the factory.
Is your car stock? What mods do you have?
Generz
Eet Bacon

Re: Infiniti G35 coupe

Post by Generz »

Beksooh822 wrote: 1) initiating is always a problem, not that the car is underpowered but it takes a lot for the ass to slide out.
Your car is soft and has a lot of weight in the back.. takes a while to xfer the weight. Maybe you could try lifting or braking a little to reduce the weight on the rear tires. Becareful not to overload your front tires so they break traction too.

Beksooh822 wrote: 2) maintaining a drift for a longer than a few seconds is almost impossible. Are there any hints as to how to maintain drifts for longer? Im not sure if its just me not getting the ratio of gas and clutch properly, im staying away from utilizing my ebrake, and using just feint techniques to get the drift started, clutch popping seems like it will take a toll on the stage three clutch so im staying away from those options, any suggestions?
Probably too much rear traction and not enough power to hold the rear end out. You should be really riding the clutch while your car is sliding anyways.

Ebraking and clutch-kicking are good techniques to extend a slide.

Andy is the king of the clutch kick.. 9 clutch kicks around turns 3 and 4 on Lanier Speedway.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

what they said, and then practice a lot more. we have lots of good legal events going on this summer and i can promise that you'll be holding some nice, long slides after a good day at one of the events.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Welcome to the mayhem!

Clutch kicking works great, and it seems like a stage 3 clutch would stand up fine for the job. The best thing you can do is practice. When I 1st started, I would only snap oversteer to a complete stop. The more I practiced, the longer the slides got.

Keep at it, killa!
:D
bighuyner
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bighuyner »

I too love clutch kicking to iniate and to extend the slides. You can also adjust tire pressure to adjust for oversteer and understeer.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

True that! Typre pressure FTW!
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

andysapp wrote:True that! Typre pressure FTW!
so thats why my keyboard cant drift vey well.

welcome to ya Beksooh822.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

GC8VI wrote:
andysapp wrote:True that! Typre pressure FTW!
so thats why my keyboard cant drift vey well.

welcome to ya Beksooh822.
BWAHAHAHA
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

HAHAHAA!!

BWAHAHAHAAA!!
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

haha wow, yeah clutch kicks are fun they help me with my extensions/transitions. Welcome aboard to the pirate ship o' mayhem.
:twisted:
Beksooh822
Fresh Meat

Post by Beksooh822 »

thanks for all the replies, whenever the drift events are, please let me know id be interested in showing up.
-dan