** DriftMechaniks Labor Day Throwdown **

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Post Reply
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

** DriftMechaniks Labor Day Throwdown **

Post by andysapp »

It looks like we're getting some peeps together tomorrow during the day/evening at Mike's (FunkeyMunkeyFC) house. Anyone who wants to bring food/drinks along should definitely rock it! The pool should be available to take a dip in. There will be pony rides and a jungle gym. Well, just kidding. But there will be good peeps, and who knows what else.

I'll let Mike post more details when he gets a chance with directions, etc.
It'll be a good time for sure!

Rawkin' like Maculay Caulkin.
Werd Life.
Last edited by andysapp on Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
MTRLevolution
Get Some
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am
Location: www.dashiz.com

Post by MTRLevolution »

sounds awesome!! i can bring like two twelve packs of fanta.
Image
User avatar
K-groove
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:38 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by K-groove »

I have to be at work at 9pm, but I'll try to come hang out for a little while.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Awwww shxxxt.
Work on Labor Day? That totally sucks.
We should still link up for a bit!
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

i'll definately be there!
only thing that sucks is we're supposed to get hella rain (i think) but oh well.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Yeah, we'll have to play the rain tip by ear. Mike said the BBQ is covered, so we'd be good from that angle. We'll see what the weather's like tomorrow and take it from there.

We can always meet up at my parents house in Gwinnett as well.
I know they've been dying to meet the kru, so that's an option also.

We'll make the call tomorrow morning as to what's going down.

Biblioteca.
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

will your dad let us all take the 911 out for test drives? :)
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Hahahaha!!!
Yeah, I think that could be arranged. I'm scoping the weather, and seeing what's up as we speak. I'll letcha guys know shortly.
Werd up.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Mkaaay...

Since rain is pending, & we won't be able to get our swim on at Mike's... we've opted to save Mike's for another day, and move the throwdown to my parents house in Gwinnett.

We should try and meet around 4:00 pm, and caravan out as a group... we'll need to hit up a grocery store on the way. There's a Kroger right by their house on Sugarloaf Pkwy. If you already have things to bring, then rawk out!

Anyone who can't make the caravan, and wants to meet up at the house, give me a holla, and I'll give you directions.

Happy Hockey Puck Day!
:D
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Well, the BBQ today was definitely fun!

We had our FOERST innagural Kroger feild trip, which was interesting to say the least. Natural Geese in full effect!!! How many driftMechaniks does it take to buy BBQ goodies? Hahaha! A LOT!!! I don't think the U-Scan guy knew what to think when we started devying up the carts contents to pay seperately. Bwaaahahaha!

Anyway... thanks to everyone for making it out. Big big thanks to Rox for operating the grille and feeding us all! HUGE huge thanks to Ma & Pa Dukes for letting us grille out there at the house. It was a great time for sure. I want more of that chocolate cake!

Next time the rain won't stop the CarreraCoaster. $20 per ride, come on guy... why not? Just for you! Limited time offer, you cash in now, ride free later! LOL!

Here's a coupla pictures I managed to snap amongst the BBQ activities:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

haha...yup, the BBQ was awesome!
your mom makes some delicious chocoalte cake too :).
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

OMG, I've been fiending for more of that cake since I woke up this morning!

Mmmmmm... caaake.
:D
User avatar
ChadMK4
Purple Drank
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Stocking Wood
Contact:

Post by ChadMK4 »

Looks like ya'll had fun.. I had forgotten about it. But it's ok cause I got a bunch of yard work done that hadn't been done all Summer.. My backyard looks Awesome now.. ..... . Well Better than it did.. The Broke ass roommates (Chris and I) just hung around later that afternoon and watched Starsky and Hutch for the 3rd time in a week... Excellent Movie!!
Image
MTRLevolution
Get Some
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am
Location: www.dashiz.com

Post by MTRLevolution »

that was tons o' fun. your mom rocks the cake and the spinach dip stuff. damn i'm hungry just thinking about it. the 911 was fast as hell too.
Image
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

haha....barry is guarding that pizza with his life 8)

looks like ya'll had fun.
Post Reply