if anyone has any ideas post it up so we can get ourselves organized and have some fun down there
Nopi Nationals 2004
Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing
- CodyW
- Slippery When Westicles
- Posts: 8581
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
- Location: emergency surgery in the studio
- Contact:
Nopi Nationals 2004
well it just occured to me that nopi is coming up much faster than i expected (i think we've got like 4 weeks left) and wanted to see if any plans had been made yet. i talked to ed earlier and unfortunately that shop he knows (ride revolutions) doesn't have enough space to let us share their vendor booth, but he did say we can talk to nopi about getting a booth if we still want too (but i have a feeling the price will suck, and i think they are filling up quick).
if anyone has any ideas post it up so we can get ourselves organized and have some fun down there
.
if anyone has any ideas post it up so we can get ourselves organized and have some fun down there
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
^ same here! or my pocket bike 
whats a ball park figure for a booth?
whats a ball park figure for a booth?
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
- CodyW
- Slippery When Westicles
- Posts: 8581
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
- Location: emergency surgery in the studio
- Contact:
yea, i'm definately going but it's just a matter of how we'll all get in together without having to enter as a club and getting thrown way out in the middle of nowhere (like last year for us celica folks).
and chris, i have absolutely no clue what a booth would cost but i doubt it's cheap. i'm just hoping there's some concrete space they'll let us have where we can put the tent up and give out flyers and stuff sorta like at HIN.
oh, and i wish we could hook up the cart too but i'm not sure if time will permit. we can still bring it though (as long as we have something to pull the trailer with).
and chris, i have absolutely no clue what a booth would cost but i doubt it's cheap. i'm just hoping there's some concrete space they'll let us have where we can put the tent up and give out flyers and stuff sorta like at HIN.
oh, and i wish we could hook up the cart too but i'm not sure if time will permit. we can still bring it though (as long as we have something to pull the trailer with).
After HIN it's hard to even think about another car show. I just want to drive. I'm still hungover from all of the fake breasts, overbearing promotions and horrible music. The pinnacle for me was the asshole on stage trying to get the crowd to chant "Blau-punkt, Blau-punkt!"
Are you serious?
Blaupunkt?
Whuh?
And if I'm not mistaken they're the same fux that brought the SILVALIER with the Lexus taillights. It's not like it's a big surprise or anything, it just reminds me of all the reasons I DIDN'T use to justify buying and modifying my car. NOPI will be exactly the same except without as many girls and without air conditioning.
All that being said, are we going as a club or together "separately?"
oh yeah, just to be fair I did really enjoy the good things about the show such as meeting with other owners and discussing mod do's and dont's, being the center of the Ver6 / Ver7/ Ver8 white to black gradient, and watching bimbos continuously stumble on their 7" stiletto stilts. (all the while being followed by a herd of digital cameras)
Are you serious?
Blaupunkt?
Whuh?
And if I'm not mistaken they're the same fux that brought the SILVALIER with the Lexus taillights. It's not like it's a big surprise or anything, it just reminds me of all the reasons I DIDN'T use to justify buying and modifying my car. NOPI will be exactly the same except without as many girls and without air conditioning.
All that being said, are we going as a club or together "separately?"
oh yeah, just to be fair I did really enjoy the good things about the show such as meeting with other owners and discussing mod do's and dont's, being the center of the Ver6 / Ver7/ Ver8 white to black gradient, and watching bimbos continuously stumble on their 7" stiletto stilts. (all the while being followed by a herd of digital cameras)
K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
- CodyW
- Slippery When Westicles
- Posts: 8581
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
- Location: emergency surgery in the studio
- Contact:
hahaha....yea, shows themselves typically do suck but they are good exposure and i usually have a pretty good time.
oh, and chris mentioned earlier that we should see about getting some media passes for this too, which might not be a bad idea (last year they let press people inside that gated area for the drifting stuff which would be nice).
oh, and chris mentioned earlier that we should see about getting some media passes for this too, which might not be a bad idea (last year they let press people inside that gated area for the drifting stuff which would be nice).
- high plains drifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:09 pm
- Location: Memphis, TN.
- Contact:
Hope to see most of you guys there, I'm going to be comming down for this event (barring a catastrophe)
the past 3 years I've either broken my car or something f-ed up has happened to my car either the week before or the week of this event!! It's very spooky! lol either that or I'm just clumsey.
Hope to see most everybody there!
P-
the past 3 years I've either broken my car or something f-ed up has happened to my car either the week before or the week of this event!! It's very spooky! lol either that or I'm just clumsey.
Hope to see most everybody there!
P-
hooked on L.S.D.
No Tune = No Life
No Tune = No Life
***UPDATE***
Here's the scoop (fiiinally).
I can get us a row... it's on concrete, not grass, and it's in the Orange section - Row W.

It's not the greatest location... it's pretty far, actually.
He said he could get us a better spot in the grass if we wanted...
but I couldn't get him on the phone at all today.
Let me know what you guys think!
We can always enter separately and try and park together...
just an idea.
I can get us a row... it's on concrete, not grass, and it's in the Orange section - Row W.

It's not the greatest location... it's pretty far, actually.
He said he could get us a better spot in the grass if we wanted...
but I couldn't get him on the phone at all today.
Let me know what you guys think!
We can always enter separately and try and park together...
just an idea.
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
granted, I've only been to NOPI once. But from what I saw...the Green isn't an ideal place to be. And the chances of all of us getting to park next to each other is pretty slim. so, I'm down for the Orange.
now....I need to enter my car as normal correct?
now....I need to enter my car as normal correct?
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
- CodyW
- Slippery When Westicles
- Posts: 8581
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
- Location: emergency surgery in the studio
- Contact:
sadly enough, i'd actually lean towards going in the grass if it's closer. i have to admit that i've never wandered out that far in the orange lot in 5 years of going there, and i doubt many other people have either. the grass kinda sucks but i think it would get us a little more exposure. plus it looks like we'd be right by the "neon chamber," and i don't think i want to find out what that is
.
- high plains drifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:09 pm
- Location: Memphis, TN.
- Contact:



