SEDA's "Drift911" :: Orangeburg, SC
Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing
- offtheline
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:22 pm
Man... my attendance at this event is really gonna depend on school work and all of that. If i have a lot, I may need to hit up the SFS4 for the simple fact that it is just a few minutes from my house.
Although, the last SEDA event was fuckin rad so it will be hard to turn this one down.
Although, the last SEDA event was fuckin rad so it will be hard to turn this one down.
--
Whats another word for pirate treasure?
Whats another word for pirate treasure?
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
That's the way I rollmartymartymarty.net wrote:Friday, under the cloak of darkness
Corso....I don't blame you bro. School and work come FOERST as alwasy, but if you can make it.....DO IT! I have a feeling this event is going to bring in a lot of spectators b/c WORG is giving us free radio/advertising time.
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
- offtheline
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:22 pm
No doubt. I think it is going to be really huge. Plus, a Honda dealer is sponsoring! Woohoo!Rhoad Racing wrote:That's the way I rollmartymartymarty.net wrote:Friday, under the cloak of darkness![]()
Corso....I don't blame you bro. School and work come FOERST as alwasy, but if you can make it.....DO IT! I have a feeling this event is going to bring in a lot of spectators b/c WORG is giving us free radio/advertising time.
--
Whats another word for pirate treasure?
Whats another word for pirate treasure?
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
- icantdrift
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5987
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm
i'm going to do my best to be ready.... still need to go check out the used tire racks and re-stock though. any chance of having tire service or a local tire shop close by for tire service?
and cody, don't be a wuss
. i drove my car 7 hours each way to ocala and back packed with tires and tools without even a radio and didn't regret it one bit, even when my alternator died on the way back
. i'm sure we'll at least have a group driving together anyway.
and cody, don't be a wuss
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
I'm going back to Orangeburg (and Savannah) again this weekend and finding a tire changer was on my To-Do list. There's a shop called Franks's Tires that is about 3 miles from the Venue. And even though they aren't usually open on Sunday, I'm going to see what I can do to persuade them.icantdrift wrote:any chance of having tire service or a local tire shop close by for tire service?
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
-
guerilladrifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: walterboro, sc
sweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!!!
Im only 45 miles away. I'll be there. Where do I go? What do i do? What kind of helmet do my passengers, and I need. I'm so stoaked. What exactly do i need for tech? It'll be my FOERST time on a track, with nothing to worry about. THIS IS GONNA ROCK I CANT WAIT 
Main Entry: 1guer·ril·la
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
Welcome to boardguerilladrifter wrote:sweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!!!Im only 45 miles away. I'll be there. Where do I go? What do i do? What kind of helmet do my passengers, and I need. I'm so stoaked. What exactly do i need for tech? It'll be my FOERST time on a track, with nothing to worry about. THIS IS GONNA ROCK I CANT WAIT
As for all of your questions, please refer back to the FOERST post of this thread. It should answer them. If not...let me know and I'll help you out.
oh....you can use any automotive or motorcylcle helmet that DOT approved. Some drivers/passengers use dirt bike helmets.
I look forward to seeing you out there!
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
-
guerilladrifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: walterboro, sc
Cool thanx for the info. I was asking about tech because i changed my clutch and broke the cps off the tranny. The car runs fine but the check engine light is on and also my e-brake dosent quite work to well. Will i need to get those fixed before the event? It's great to see another sc drifter no one in my town even knows about it, where are you at, and do you know of any good places to practice?
Main Entry: 1guer·ril·la
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
no problem 
you really don't have to get those things fixed, however, having a functional e-brake can be a benefit. I just fixed my ebrake this past weekend after not having one for the past 4 events I've attended and even though it still didn't work properly, it helped me out alot at SFS:3 Saturday.
I used to live in Summerville until three years ago when I moved to Atlanta for school. And unfortunetly I don't know of any practice spots. Hell, every time I go back there something is different and I end up getting lost
you really don't have to get those things fixed, however, having a functional e-brake can be a benefit. I just fixed my ebrake this past weekend after not having one for the past 4 events I've attended and even though it still didn't work properly, it helped me out alot at SFS:3 Saturday.
isn't that the truth!!! As usual, SC is always the last to join the mainstream, which I and SEDA (http://www.southeastdrift.com) tried so hard to get an event in SC. We know that there is enough people there to support an event, plus spread the word about the sport.no one in my town even knows about it
I used to live in Summerville until three years ago when I moved to Atlanta for school. And unfortunetly I don't know of any practice spots. Hell, every time I go back there something is different and I end up getting lost
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
-
guerilladrifter
- Fresh Meat
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: walterboro, sc
Yeah I'm in the boro,so know one has any clue. Not all bad though back roads are sweet, but never more than one turn cant link for shit. Do you know if there will be any sponsers there looking for talent. It would be a dream to go pro. sideways all the time and get paid, and not pay for your car
that would be the best ever. if you ever come visit ill show you some spots here. thanx for all the info
later
later
Main Entry: 1guer·ril·la
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
Variant(s): or gue·ril·la /g&-'ri-l&, ge-, g(y)i-/
Function: noun
a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage
2. Main Entry: drift·er
Pronunciation: 'drif-t&r
Function: noun
: one that drifts; especially : one that travels or moves about aimlessly: see also me
- CodyW
- Slippery When Westicles
- Posts: 8581
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
- Location: emergency surgery in the studio
- Contact:
unfortunately, that's what all of us are looking for so you have to find a way to market yourself and be quite good. it's rare for sponsors to scout out practice events looking for drivers, so your best bet would be to put together a package including a photos, a video, and a proposal telling them what you can offer the company and send it out to places you'd be interested in.
- Rhoad Racing
- Salsa Rodeo
- Posts: 5781
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
- Location: Sisu.
- Contact:
cody is right. here are some of our examples and a few others:
http://www.andysapp.com
http://www.rhoadracing.com
http://www.bubbadrift.com
Nadine's Guide to Sponsorships
http://www.andysapp.com
http://www.rhoadracing.com
http://www.bubbadrift.com
Nadine's Guide to Sponsorships
StudioRhoad | chris.Rhoad | driftMechaniks | FRN | GTE
