Page 2 of 5
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:31 am
by offtheline
Man... my attendance at this event is really gonna depend on school work and all of that. If i have a lot, I may need to hit up the SFS4 for the simple fact that it is just a few minutes from my house.
Although, the last SEDA event was fuckin rad so it will be hard to turn this one down.
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:55 am
by PmartyX
Rhoad Racing wrote:CodyW wrote:yea, i'm probably down with that. i assume we'll be going up saturday and staying that night, then coming home sunday?
yep...we can head down either Friday or Saturday.....which ever ya'll prefer.
Friday, under the cloak of darkness

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:11 pm
by Rhoad Racing
martymartymarty.net wrote:Friday, under the cloak of darkness

That's the way I roll
Corso....I don't blame you bro. School and work come FOERST as alwasy, but if you can make it.....DO IT! I have a feeling this event is going to bring in a lot of spectators b/c WORG is giving us free radio/advertising time.
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm
by offtheline
Rhoad Racing wrote:martymartymarty.net wrote:Friday, under the cloak of darkness

That's the way I roll
Corso....I don't blame you bro. School and work come FOERST as alwasy, but if you can make it.....DO IT! I have a feeling this event is going to bring in a lot of spectators b/c WORG is giving us free radio/advertising time.
No doubt. I think it is going to be really huge. Plus, a Honda dealer is sponsoring! Woohoo!
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:17 pm
by Rhoad Racing
A Honda dealer and a General Motors dealer

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:36 pm
by PmartyX
Rhoad Racing wrote:A Honda dealer and a General Motors dealer

Guess I better bring the GT................. dammit

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:23 pm
by icantdrift
i'm going to do my best to be ready.... still need to go check out the used tire racks and re-stock though. any chance of having tire service or a local tire shop close by for tire service?
and cody, don't be a wuss

. i drove my car 7 hours each way to ocala and back packed with tires and tools without even a radio and didn't regret it one bit, even when my alternator died on the way back

. i'm sure we'll at least have a group driving together anyway.
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:47 am
by Rhoad Racing
icantdrift wrote:any chance of having tire service or a local tire shop close by for tire service?
I'm going back to Orangeburg (and Savannah) again this weekend and finding a tire changer was on my To-Do list. There's a shop called Franks's Tires that is about 3 miles from the Venue. And even though they aren't usually open on Sunday, I'm going to see what I can do to persuade them.
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:56 pm
by guerilladrifter
sweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!!!

Im only 45 miles away. I'll be there. Where do I go? What do i do? What kind of helmet do my passengers, and I need. I'm so stoaked. What exactly do i need for tech? It'll be my FOERST time on a track, with nothing to worry about. THIS IS GONNA ROCK I CANT WAIT

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:27 pm
by Rhoad Racing
guerilladrifter wrote:sweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!!!

Im only 45 miles away. I'll be there. Where do I go? What do i do? What kind of helmet do my passengers, and I need. I'm so stoaked. What exactly do i need for tech? It'll be my FOERST time on a track, with nothing to worry about. THIS IS GONNA ROCK I CANT WAIT

Welcome to board

Its awesome to see a fellow SC resident on dM.
As for all of your questions, please refer back to the FOERST post of this thread. It should answer them. If not...let me know and I'll help you out.
oh....you can use any automotive or motorcylcle helmet that DOT approved. Some drivers/passengers use dirt bike helmets.
I look forward to seeing you out there!
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:30 pm
by guerilladrifter
Cool thanx for the info. I was asking about tech because i changed my clutch and broke the cps off the tranny. The car runs fine but the check engine light is on and also my e-brake dosent quite work to well. Will i need to get those fixed before the event? It's great to see another sc drifter no one in my town even knows about it, where are you at, and do you know of any good places to practice?
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:10 pm
by Rhoad Racing
no problem

you really don't have to get those things fixed, however, having a functional e-brake can be a benefit. I just fixed my ebrake this past weekend after not having one for the past 4 events I've attended and even though it still didn't work properly, it helped me out alot at SFS:3 Saturday.
no one in my town even knows about it
isn't that the truth!!! As usual, SC is always the last to join the mainstream, which I and SEDA (
http://www.southeastdrift.com) tried so hard to get an event in SC. We know that there is enough people there to support an event, plus spread the word about the sport.
I used to live in Summerville until three years ago when I moved to Atlanta for school. And unfortunetly I don't know of any practice spots. Hell, every time I go back there something is different and I end up getting lost

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:46 pm
by guerilladrifter
Yeah I'm in the boro,so know one has any clue. Not all bad though back roads are sweet, but never more than one turn cant link for shit. Do you know if there will be any sponsers there looking for talent. It would be a dream to go pro. sideways all the time and get paid, and not pay for your car

that would be the best ever. if you ever come visit ill show you some spots here. thanx for all the info
later

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:50 pm
by CodyW
unfortunately, that's what all of us are looking for so you have to find a way to market yourself and be quite good. it's rare for sponsors to scout out practice events looking for drivers, so your best bet would be to put together a package including a photos, a video, and a proposal telling them what you can offer the company and send it out to places you'd be interested in.
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:03 pm
by Rhoad Racing