Page 2 of 5

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:41 pm
by K-groove
Count me in. I probably won't get off work until about 8am though.

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:43 pm
by jo
8am Friday? We will be leaving sometime after that...you can sleep in the car on the way up!:) We will be sleeping this trip!!! No more cracked out 2 hour of sleep days.

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:02 pm
by CodyW
love the new avatar barry :).

oh, and sleeping this trip will be nice.

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:53 pm
by andysapp
The hotel reservation is made.

As of now, it is for one room with two beds. We will have the Aero bed also... seating four people for comfortable sleep.

If Mike and Charlie are definite, I may have to reserve another room.

Days Inn Capital Beltway
55 Hampton Park Blvd
Capital Heights MD 20743

$79/night for double beds - 2 miles from FedEx Feild!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:56 pm
by andysapp
K-groove wrote:Count me in. I probably won't get off work until about 8am though.
ROCK!!
I think that'll work. We should prolly hit the road by 11am.
This is gonna be rad.

DriftShowoff or bust!

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:22 pm
by Drew@blitzkriegmedia
I booked a room Sat night at the same hotel :D

For those of you who are cheap like me :wink: , you can get the double bed room for $65 a night threw Orbitz.com. I dont know if they are the same as the rooms Andy is getting, but there a little cheaper.

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:35 pm
by andysapp
Doh!
The one site I didn't try gets the best deal.
:?

That's awesome you'll be at the same hotel!!
I guess it'll be the hotSpot, since it's sooo close.
:D

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:45 pm
by Drew@blitzkriegmedia
andysapp wrote:Doh!
The one site I didn't try gets the best deal.
:?

That's awesome you'll be at the same hotel!!
I guess it'll be the hotSpot, since it's sooo close.
:D
ahh, its only 14 bucks, but Im also getting a hotel room for DG's Beaverrun on the 17th and Drift battle in Toronto on Aug 1st. So, I need to conserve on cash. :D

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:55 pm
by jo
If you're not too beat on Saturday night, Drew, we should all do dinner! It could be something as easy as ordering pizza to the pool of the hotel. That seemed to be our favorite down in Miami! We did it two nights in a row=)

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:23 pm
by CodyW
hell yes, the domino's of miami rocked out.
now i can't wait for this trip! drifting, pocketbikes, a playboy model, and pizza! don't think i could ask for anything more (except maybe frozen lemonade, which we'll hope they have :) ).

oh, and fanta too, but that's a given.

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:26 pm
by jo
they need the fanta slurpees at the event!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:51 am
by jo
Ok I'm starting a list of things that we need to bring...if you can think of anything, just add it in a post!

1. EZ UP
2. Sunscreeeeen
3. your team shirt
4. shirts to give away and sell
5. STICKERS!
6. cameras and video cameras
7. chairs
8. cooler
9. FANTA!
10. my laptop to dump photos onto and edit video on the way home:D
11. circuit umbrella
12. sunglasses
13. business cards
14. FANTA
15. walkie talkies
16. snacks for the event
17. our old media/VIP passes from MIA [hey, they might still work;]

We definitely need to do the sticker run this week, andy! We are running out of time with us both going out of town before the event=)

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:12 pm
by andysapp
You forgot the most important thing:
FLEEEECE!

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:15 pm
by andysapp
I started putting together the sticker run (FINALLLLY!!!) yesterday.
It's going to be a complex run... both plotted stixors, and printed vinyl... so I have to get everything just right. I should have it to them tomorrow or Thursday. Normally I would just make two runs... but with going to Raleigh, aaand trying to get my limited slip built and installed... time will be short leading up to DriftShowoff.

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:17 pm
by jo
Once we get back from Maryland I want to do another run for my roll call and windshield banner so I can have it before the rallycross in TN!


lol i looked up a pod light set up from Hella as well..... Not going to get it, but it's fun to dream about. It's really not all that expensive. Maybe in another year or so once I'm [hopefully] rallying more.