Page 2 of 4

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:58 pm
by Zenkis14
martymartymarty.net wrote:At least $400. And you need a SA helmet, gloves, harness, shoes, and I heard NOPI is requiring whole fire systems this season.
Fuck me, i'll never make that deadline. :(

Oh well, i'll still run in the qualifying rounds for fun...I'll plan on next season i guess.

But i still HAVE to replace my wheel bearing, turbo, and retune. I'd also like to have a cage done.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:03 am
by andysapp
That'll be a nice deterrent. I know I don't want to put on of those in my car.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:10 am
by andysapp
I was talking about the fire supression. ^^

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:31 am
by down_shift
why don't you?

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:38 am
by P.Haire
cause they're gay?

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:08 am
by andysapp
My car is hella stock. Unless all the aluminum bushings in my suspension are going to sporadically combust... I don't want to buy and install one of those kits.

That's money I'd rather save to attend an event.
That's just me though.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 am
by icantdrift
plus, upping the rules just to up the rules is just annoying and costly to your competitors. i don't remember any fires, let alone ones that would require a fire bottle in the car. drift courses are small and there should be corner workers with extinguishers at every corner if they are that worried.

shit to run pike's peak all i'd need is two hand held extinguishers mounted in the car, and there i can run my car off a cliff at high speeds :wink: . that's about $70 compared to $800-$1000 for a fire bottle system.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:11 pm
by down_shift
valid points, does seem excessive.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:29 pm
by andysapp
No other drift series require a full system... just a handheld bottle located within reach of the driver seat.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:34 pm
by Cankles
think it has something to do with nopi partnering with NHRA for their drag series? and yes i know that drag has nothing to do with drift, but just kinda seems weird that they would go so extreme with that rule if there wasnt something else motivating them

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:45 pm
by icantdrift
StLCankles wrote:think it has something to do with nopi partnering with NHRA for their drag series? and yes i know that drag has nothing to do with drift, but just kinda seems weird that they would go so extreme with that rule if there wasnt something else motivating them
nope. nhra doesn't sanction any part of the drifting. it's just unnecessary changing of rules in the name of "safety". but nothing has been communicated out about this yet, so it's still just hearsay.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:56 pm
by PmartyX
andysapp wrote:No other drift series require a full system... just a handheld bottle located within reach of the driver seat.
Umm, I thought FD was requiring it now too? Also, I know FD requires driver-to-pit communication. That can get expensive too.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:13 pm
by mikespeed95
fd is requiring that?

man im out like 99.9% now.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:29 pm
by matts13
you can get a fire system for about 300 if you do a foam. about the same just the tank is bigger.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:46 pm
by andysapp
I never got an e-mail about FD requiring that. But what do I know.
Fuck it. I'm going street drifting.
It's free.