Page 2 of 4

Re: ??

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:12 pm
by icantdrift
BushidoDrift wrote:what does it take to pass tech for one of these events. oh man i'm so excited. :lol:
-don't be profusely leaking fluids
-don't be rolling with wobbling beat up wheel bearings
-have a working seat belt

if your car would be considered a roadworthy vehicle basically it's good to go.

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:10 am
by Tracy
They check for regular things like battery tied down, intake not wiggling around, wheels on good, no leaking fluids, helmet, etc.

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:10 pm
by andysapp
Oooh... and wheel bearings! You have to have good wheel bearings, or they won't let you run! Sometimes they check your tyre tread too & won't let you run on bald tyres.
:)

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:33 pm
by andysapp
Cool, it looks like my pre-registration from the last event finally carried over to this event. There better not be any damn hurricanes!

The classes have been devied up by experience to alot more seat time for everyone. I can't wait! Maybe I'll have my diff by then!!!
*Maybe hell will freeze over firs, lol.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:44 pm
by Rhoad Racing
my money is on Hell :twisted:

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:04 pm
by icantdrift
pre-reg'd today. i'll jump into intermediate with andy and batlground Dan so i don't feel too left out. seems there's only one person in the "advanced" group :D.

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:06 pm
by icantdrift
oh yeah, andy where are you guys staying and when do you plan on leaving? i'll be needing to room with some people to keep costs down a little and i don't really want to drive all that way alone. but i do have a 4 day weekend that weekend so i don't have to rush down and back all in the same day ;).

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:02 am
by CodyW
shit. i just checked and the damn thing is sold out for registration. i was gonna wait until the last day or so to do it as i'm still not sure my car is gonna be ready (however, it was looking hopeful), but it freaking sold out today. yesterday there were only like 23 people listed as well but i guess i waited too late. looks like i am gonna miss driving in every single event this year after all :( .

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:21 pm
by icantdrift
CodyW wrote:shit. i just checked and the damn thing is sold out for registration. i was gonna wait until the last day or so to do it as i'm still not sure my car is gonna be ready (however, it was looking hopeful), but it freaking sold out today. yesterday there were only like 23 people listed as well but i guess i waited too late. looks like i am gonna miss driving in every single event this year after all :( .

they might be opening up more spots according to thoraxe, but they may be "at the gate" prices only and 1st come 1st serve.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:27 pm
by andysapp
icantdrift wrote:oh yeah, andy where are you guys staying and when do you plan on leaving? i'll be needing to room with some people to keep costs down a little and i don't really want to drive all that way alone. but i do have a 4 day weekend that weekend so i don't have to rush down and back all in the same day ;).
Hey man... sorry for the delay... I've been crazy awol stylee.

I got a room at:
Days Inn
3620 W Silver Springs Boulevard
OCALA, FL 32808

One room, two beds. If you'd like to crash and help split the cost of the room, that would be killer! (I have no idea how much the room is... she never told me) I only got the hotel for Friday night... I figure we can head back after the event, since it's a 5 hour cruise (3 if you push it, lol).

I'm looking forward to the event! I need to get tyres mounted bad! I have a full set of wheels with delamintated tyres on them, hahahaa!

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:18 pm
by icantdrift
andysapp wrote:
icantdrift wrote:oh yeah, andy where are you guys staying and when do you plan on leaving? i'll be needing to room with some people to keep costs down a little and i don't really want to drive all that way alone. but i do have a 4 day weekend that weekend so i don't have to rush down and back all in the same day ;).
Hey man... sorry for the delay... I've been crazy awol stylee.

I got a room at:
Days Inn
3620 W Silver Springs Boulevard
OCALA, FL 32808

One room, two beds. If you'd like to crash and help split the cost of the room, that would be killer! (I have no idea how much the room is... she never told me) I only got the hotel for Friday night... I figure we can head back after the event, since it's a 5 hour cruise (3 if you push it, lol).

I'm looking forward to the event! I need to get tyres mounted bad! I have a full set of wheels with delamintated tyres on them, hahahaa!
yeah man i'd like to share a room if that's cool. lemme make sure my GF isn't coming with me and i'll let you know by tomorrow for sure. i think the rooms there were about $70/night if i remember correctly. i can't wait, i've got the same set of tires i used in charlotte and they're still in good shape so i'll run with the stockers on back unless i buy rhoad's friends chromies for drifters :D.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:18 pm
by andysapp
Cool man!

Just let me know. We can cram as many people into that hotel room that want to crash. The more the merrier!

Dayom... you still have the tyres from Charlotte? That's crazy! What brand are they? I think I've been through 5 pair since then, lol. I just dropped my type44's off at GTE this morning to get a fresh used pair of Michelins and one Bridgestone. I still have a pair of Toyo's, a pair of Kumho's, and a pair of Goodyear's to mount. I want to try all of them so I know what tyre companies to go after next season. So far Michelin is at the top of the list, albiet - they aren't much on sponsorship.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:11 pm
by icantdrift
dunno the brand. it's the same set of tires that have been on the stock wheels since i bought the car. i only used a pair in charlotte and that only killed about half the rubber that was on them at most, so i still have those two and the other two with pretty much full tread to throw on the rear and burn. they sure look funny with the 17's on the front and stockers on the back, but it's easy to get them to slide for sure :D . i think the tires are like 195-60-15 mastercrafts for something, total walmart tires ;). i am however in the market for a decent set of 17x7 or 17x8 wheels to toss on the rear for drifting because 205/45-17 rubber can be had pretty damn cheap from a few companies. still contemplating the chromies though, that would be mad JDM tyte :lol:

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:34 pm
by andysapp
icantdrift wrote:that would be mad JDM tyte :lol:
Hahaha... YES! JDM tyte to tha maxx!
:D

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:58 pm
by icantdrift
alright andy, count me in on that room. and if nobody else has called it yet i get the other bed! :lol: