Page 16 of 68

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm
by andysapp
Just talked to Clutch Specialties. They're redoing on old OEM e34 M5 clutch as a 6-puck ceramic for me. Should be done tomorrow!

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:09 pm
by Dr. Marlow
that's cool

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:10 pm
by Zach
andysapp wrote:SICKKKK. I'm so stoked. I haven't been this stoked to work on the car in ages.
I LOVE that feeling, and I'm the same way right now, except I have to wait till next week when I'm done with exams and am home.. oh well at least I'll be making it out to FD!

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:01 pm
by Pittsy
andysapp wrote:Just talked to Clutch Specialties. They're redoing on old OEM e34 M5 clutch as a 6-puck ceramic for me. Should be done tomorrow!

Is it going to need any time to "break in" or anything before next Friday?

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:40 pm
by andysapp
Yes. I'll drive it around my neighborhood... maybe take it to work one day. Go to the grocery store at 3am.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:49 pm
by P.Haire
so much work being done. you's crazy.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:21 pm
by andysapp
I really have been slacking on the car bad. For a while. I take it to Turner... thrash it... take it home and park it. Plus I would rather have a pile of parts that we don't get to, than finish up and be like damn... we could totally have done all that other stuff.

Parts started arriving today... I can't wait to get home!

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:29 pm
by P.Haire
xmas in april.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 pm
by CodyW
Yay for parts parties! I want some of my stuff to hurry up and get here, waiting is no fun.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:09 am
by andysapp
Parts started trickling in today.

Treehouse Racing "Eyeball Arms". Aluminum/delrin combo bushings.
Image

Zeckhausen Racing modified clutch delay valve.
Image

New delrin shifter.
Image

LONG overdue helmet hook.
Image

Stopped by Brady's tonight. Save the spray for the return trip.
Image

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 am
by Dr. Marlow
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:03 am
by Abactus
marlow<12 wrote:NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
nice ! can't wait to see it in action :D

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:32 am
by charlie
andy this shit's gonna be awsm.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 am
by P.Haire
let me know how you like that shifter. i might want something similar for the rx7 and my friend owns a lathe and works with delrin.

nitro is so cool. i feel like you need this graphic for your car now.
Image

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 am
by Dr. Marlow
oh gawd i love ivan ironman stewart racing
in Portland at an old arcade they had a 4 man machine with the wheels
i must have spent 100 dollars in quarters there
o and they have beer