I did a little write-up on another site of the events that lead to the Camaro, thought I'd post here too.
About 3 weeks ago I broke my hand, can't write, cut my food, tie my shoes or drive my daily driver, a 6-speed Cummins Dodge. So I bought an 84 Maxima Station wagon guy was asking 1500 for originally, but had updated with new ads on CL coming down progressively. I called him, told him a lowball offer but reiterated I had a truck/trailer, and got it, and used it to get around for a while.
One night browsing good ole craigslist I came across this ad:
Now my hand is in a cast but I can do some things now including drive my truck, called the guy about the Camaro and listed the Maxima for sale. Had 5-6 people interested in the Maxima but a guy from the Texas A&M Sports car club wanted it to drive around and throw a v8 in later, came and got it that night. Took the truck/trailer to Dallas to pick up the Camaro with Maxima cash.
Picked up my friend Patrick Duffy for what should've been an easy pick up and go, but no. On the way up the seller informs me it has two flats. I ask if he has an air compressor, he informs me he doesn't. I'm about 2 hours from home thinking to myself how convenient it woulda been to put my 4 gallon Ingersoll compressor in my truck, but that would just be too easy. Luckily I text Duffy and he has one, so no big deal. We arrive and pull the car outside with my truck so we can put some air in the tire to get it on my open trailer, its a rustbucket as I was aware, but the roof/rearwindow/a-pillars seem solid, which was all I really wanted.
Heres a pic I took right after we got it outside, with Duffy waiting on the compressor to get the passenger side tire.
We later learned the drivers side wouldn't hold air at all, and in a super tight suburbia neighborhood we had to get creative with asking neighbors if we could use their driveways, and blocked off the street for about 20 minutes trying to load. Was quite a headache, but I finally had my dream Camaro I've always wanted to build. Also I'm really glad Duffy tagged along because without him I'm sure that would've been a nightmare without him there to help, a broken hand and the guy I got the car from, lol.
Went to go eat with my buddy Aaron once I realized I wouldnt be back home by the time I wanted, then drove home. Weather was crappy, got an energy drink and got home, backed the trailer into the shop and passed out one happy camper.
After 5 years of looking, and never really seeing anything less than 3k, I had a rusted-to-hell 1972 Chevrolet Camaro.
