(05.06.2006) DGTrials' Champions 250 at AMS

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

User avatar
CubanMike
Get Some
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:45 am
Location: Baghdad Special Stage

Post by CubanMike »

andysapp wrote:There are several factors in my thinking...

1: FD ATL is the week after. It has been the trend lately for me to break my car the week of an event, and I have miss a lot of work, and not sleep for an entire week to fix it in time. This has happened the past three events... all of which have required serious repair... not to mention been a hard hit to the wallet.

2: It's expensive. I just sunk a rediculous amount of money into the car, and another $300 for FD. Like I was saying - I've been having to miss work to fix my car, which means I don't get paid... which then means I don't have money to fix my car when I break it - it's a viscious cycle.

3: Tyres.

4: I have a HUGE proposal that I HAVE to get out (and I do mean HUGE)... and it has to be done this weekend.

On the other hand... I am still getting used to my new suspension - and it would be a great chance to shake down the car and dial in settings before FD. I really want to make it down... I don't even have to mention that it would be fun as hell to rawk out all day and slide like maniacs with all my friends. I am sorta on the fence about it at this point. I am still trying to figure everything out, cause I would love to be down there.
Andy, see me later for discussion on this topic, thank you! Have a nice day and don't forget to take that pic.
Image
Grease Munkey Drift & Speed
GreaseMunkeyFC@yahoo.com
User avatar
down_shift
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11892
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Beverly Hills

Post by down_shift »

Get your proposal done and come play. :D
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29036
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

I would rather it break before FD rather than at FD. I just don't know if I would have the time/money to fix it before FD (and again... it's a big just-in-case). It's not even that I think the car is going to break - just more like something I don't want to jeopardize.

Aside from the technical aspects, not wanting to potentially break the car & tyres... the biggest thing that is probably going to keep me from attending is the proposal. I can't start on it until this weekend... and it HAS to go out priority overnight on Monday. It is a huge opportunity, that is potentially worth missing a drift event for.

I hadn't heard anything about being an instructor. I really do want to make it down, and am going to try my best to make it happen. High speed practice with a track layout similar to RA would be extremely beneficial the week before FD. I will have to see what I can do.

:)
bighuyner
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:54 pm

Post by bighuyner »

Do the right thing Andy. I regrett messing up my car prior DGTrials private day or Drift Fury which is the only Sunday event scheduled this year. I'm still trying to recover from the damages that was done. I know you have big dreams by doing well in Formula D so do what's in your heart.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29036
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

True that, killa! It turns out I had to work today atop of everything. Sometimes there just isn't enough of me to go around.

I can't wait to see some coverage from the event, though!
I hope everyone is rawking out!
:D
turbofb
Clam Salesman
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Post by turbofb »

I hit a light pole w/ the 7
User avatar
down_shift
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11892
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Beverly Hills

Post by down_shift »

I won a busch beer!
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
turbofb
Clam Salesman
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Post by turbofb »

I smell like beer
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

i ghost rode the whip... tandem style with cody and struka :lol:
User avatar
Generz
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:11 am
Location: XOXO GossipGene
Contact:

Post by Generz »

just wanted to thank everyone for coming out today... especially the drivers, volunteers, spectators, media folk and anyone else i might have forgotten... oh yeah.. the volunteers again! lol. i appreciate all their help more than most can imagine.

Congratulations to our winners of this event.

'the DG staff' has been stressed the fuck out lately on a thin line with our day-2-day lives (school finals for me lol) and doing the drift stuff at the same time..

i'm really happy the event turned out the way it did... it was a good event in a new venue.

Dennis (ATL region prez and BMW 2002 driver) came back for the event today from Philly.... if you guys didn't know... Dennis recently got a engineering position at Boeing's Chinook plant in Philly. It's a big loss for DG's SE region.. but it's very important to Dennis. He was an integral part in getting us started in the Atlanta Region... locking down the FOERST SFS1 event as well as our following events with Turner and also locking down Atlanta Motor Speedway as well.

So when everyone gets a chance... drop him an email and to wish him luck on his new adventure in Philly.. Dennis.Mertzanis@DGtrials.com

Well, anyways.. I'm freakin' beat. Thanks again everyone.

Eugene.

BTW.. BUSCH BEER and RANDOM T-SHIRTS FTW.
Image
User avatar
struka
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8263
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Rocketbrah

Post by struka »

oh yea, i got a sweet free shirt and damn nice beer all over me!!!

tandem ghost ridin is da best!!!
User avatar
Zach
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5021
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:28 pm
Location: Perdido en la traducción

Post by Zach »

Haha, what a great day, after I got done with the SAT. I got there about 1, but the runs I got in where a blast. I really thought course layout was pretty sweet because it had a very challenging FOERST corner and the rest was relatively simple. Thanks a lot for hosting another great event DG and can't wait till the next one.. in the fall.. :cry: hehe.
-Zach
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

i had an awesome time too, can't wait for the next one down there!

oh, and triple tandem ghostridin' da whip for the win!!!1
User avatar
down_shift
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11892
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Beverly Hills

Post by down_shift »

Yeah this event was a lot of fun. Thanks to all the DG guys for a great event and new venue, all the volunteers because I know I killed more than my share of cones, and the instructors Tony really helped me a lot in getting my car handling right.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Post Reply