Page 3 of 3
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:34 pm
by Silonius
LOL, understood. I'm really looking forward to both of these rallycrosses. Cuz they're my FOERST ever, and the one in NC is bringing in alot of SCCA Prorally guys. Man, it'll be like the WRC but no girls, or million dollar cars, or sponsors, or TV coverage, or Europeans.
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:37 pm
by jo
Well I just got the hotel for TN! It's only a few miles from the rallycross site and it's 50 bucks a night which isn't bad I guess....at least for a nice hotel!
Quality Inn Chattanooga
5505 Brainerd Road
Chattanooga, TN 37411
Phone:
(423) 894-2040
I'm really excited, too! I hope to make it out to NC, but we'll see! It seems like I'm travelling every single weekend until October lol.
hopefully some other team members will at least come out to spectate and have fun..
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:35 pm
by Silonius
Well crap, looks like I'm gonna have to sport the '04 Focus ZX3 instead of the Saturn. I am gonna give the Saturn to my brother, but I thought that wasn't until late Aug. Now I find out that it's Aug. 1 or June 30, so I'll be Saturnless. But I guess that's ok, just I don't have alot of sliding time in the focus. But no better time to learn than during a rallycross! Woohoo! Now the Saturn/STI battle won't happen, and the STI/stock Focus battle just won't be as exciting. But we still get to get dirty! (and yes I know I'm living vicariously through dirt drifting, but that's ok)
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:05 pm
by jo
haha you can pretend to be markko martin!!!
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:03 pm
by Silonius
Ugh, just got back from Rockingham and the rallycross up there. Represented strong for driftmechniks UNTIL I spazzed and missed a gate and got a 26 sec. penalty. Yep, consistency is the key to winning rallies. I HATE learning lessons the hard way. Otherwise I would've won by like 6 seconds. But I got 6th anyway. Rock on. I'm hooked, and I know for a fact if I wasn't stupid I would've won.
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:20 pm
by andysapp
Awsome!!! More rallyX action! Sux you missed a gate, but I'm sure it was a blast anyway. What was the terrain like? Bumpier than the Renegade rally? Were there any clay pots & bricks??? Hahaha, lol.
If you took any pictures at the event, we'd love to see'm!!!
RallySaturn on maximum attack!

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:56 pm
by Silonius
Actually it was Rally Focus Action, and it was some grass on sand. You could dive into turns like a psycho and it would be nice and soft. Although I did pop a tire off a rim doing that, but in rally style we fixed it.
But I think driving it the 30 feet to fix it, I bent the rim. Anyone have a 15x6 4x108 steelie that I can buy? Ford wanted $66 for a new one. HA! I can steal one for less than that. I'll post some pics soon, or send them to you and you can do it.
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:59 pm
by Silonius