Nopi Nationals 2004

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

mother nature is being a whore!
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

CodyW wrote:i'm trying to decide what i wanna do about that actually. i might, but at the same time that would rule out any fun parties, and the nopi weekend might be a good weekend to throw down in d-wood. i might at least stay down there one night though (maybe friday?) so i can get a little extra sleep. oh, and i'll try to find out tomorrow if my parent's are gonna be out of town or not, and that will kinda decide how many people i want over there.
I'm game for about anything. Do your parents have any pets? That might dictate where I end up crashing out. Either way... I'm game to throw down anywhere!
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

charlie wrote:...Something to think about, HURRICANE IVAN. I don't know how you guys feel about soggy car shows but Atlanta looks to be pretty wet beginning Saturday. It's only Monday and a milllion things could happen but go ahead and add umbrellas to your packing list. I'm not going to show because weather permitting I have to work Saturday but if someone has an open seat and the rain holds off I'll split the bill.
I talked to Mark from Nopi today, and he said it looked like we'd get the rain Thursday-Friday... and that the weekend should be sunny and clear. Granted... anything can happen from now until then. I haven't been watching the weather at all... but now would be a good time for me to start. :)
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Hooman and I are all registered and ready to go!
Green Row B here we come!
Aaaaargh!
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

cool!
and my parents have 1 cat but she stays outside and isn't always around. they have a sun conure (parrot) too, but he shouldn't cause any allergies or anything.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

just registered 8)
Green: row b
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

CodyW wrote:cool!
and my parents have 1 cat but she stays outside and isn't always around. they have a sun conure (parrot) too, but he shouldn't cause any allergies or anything.
Rock'n'Roll! I don't think I'm allergic to birds (that I know of, anyway).
I can eat Fruit Loops, and that involves Toucans... so I'm prolly safe, LOL!
:lol:
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Rhoad Racing wrote:just registered 8)
Green: row b
SWEEEET! Hahaha... this is gonna be fun!
User avatar
Silonius
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Post by Silonius »

Sweet, hurricanes permitting, we'll have a Clemson crew coming down.

It looks gigantic! It's worth going two days, isn't it? Figure there will be so much to see.

Gotta find the Riced out Saturns! And '92 Tercel Coupes for Joan.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

YES! I always end up going both days. Since it's once a year, it's definitely a two-day thang! I always have a great time. The people watching is usually just as rad as the car watching!
We should link up if you make it down!
User avatar
revel
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7666
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: DeepDishDreams&StretchedTireNaps

Post by revel »

so who is already registered? who got room for a passenger? are all the DM spots taken already? how much for registration?

sorry but i dont have internet at my house right now, prolly not for awhile. so if andy or somebody could call me. thanks guys.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

I'll call you at lunch, Tyler...

Registration is $80 out the door. We still have about 4 spaces available to anyone who would like to enter.
User avatar
Silonius
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Post by Silonius »

I just realized that with a passenger, it's the same price for registering as just going to the event. Weird.

Hmmmm, should I register in the Stock '04 Focus class or the '92 Tercel Coupe class. But you probably have to stick around all day though, nuurmind.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Silonius wrote:I just realized that with a passenger, it's the same price for registering as just going to the event. Weird.

Hmmmm, should I register in the Stock '04 Focus class or the '92 Tercel Coupe class. But you probably have to stick around all day though, nuurmind.
Naaaw, you can leave whenever you want. I have left and came back in previous years... so I can't imagine it would be different this year.

They keep jacking the price up every year... it's getting rediculous!
Either way... provided the rain holds back, it should be a great time!
Post Reply