Page 4 of 4
Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:29 pm
by sande
you guys still going to this?
Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:09 am
by andysapp

Hahaha... definitely!
I have a shxxxt-ton of stuff to take care of before we leave... but what are drift events without pressure?!? Supposedly... my never-ending differential build was completed yesterday. We will see, though... how many times have I heard that before, rofl.
I'm snagging the hotel tomorrow once I find out from the rest of the kru what the dealie is with work on that following Monday.
Are you and Syn going to rep the South with us?!?!?!?

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:11 pm
by sande
I think Syn will be on the sidelines with me this time. He's giving the Hachi to Jason (his brother) who is comming back from Korea in two weeks, and the 240 has cut springs.. so no drifty for Syn this time. What hotel are you staying at? Near the stadium?
Regardless, see ya there!
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:40 am
by andysapp

Sux no drifty durft for Syn!!! It's way rad you guys are going to make it out. It'll be great to see ya! We're staying at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen: 410-272-8100. We got a room for Saturday and Sunday. It's close to the stadium.
OMG, I have sooo soo soooo much stuff to take care of before we leave.
Oil change, inspection, new tyres for the 18's, get two Pilots mounted and balanced on the 17's, pirate graphics (those will prolly fall through), pack, and get Monday off (and get some web stuff off the ground).
Ack.
Guess what won't be done and in my car?!?!?!
MY DIFF!!!
That thing will never be done. Hell will freeze over FOERST, lol.
Either way, I can rip an open-diff all day long... so I'm ready to rep tha South! Hahaha... it's gonna be rad!
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:36 am
by sande
awesome! can't wait to see you guys there!
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:23 am
by Rhoad Racing
sweet! It will be awesome to hang out with you guys again, even if we're not getting side ways. Sadly, from the looks of it, a lot of us who were supposed to participate aren't going to be able to. I.E: syn, Cody, Chad, and myself.
Andy....how much will the hotel room cost per person? I'm not really worried about having enough $$$. I'm just trying to get some finances in order. Should $100 for the whole weekend be enough? And are the rest of us piling into one car or what?
Damn dude! that sucks about the diff....yet, not suprising in the least. But like you said, you can rip it up open diff style. And better than most of those who do have diffs!
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:24 pm
by CodyW
i've still gotta find out if i can get off work monday
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:59 pm
by Rhoad Racing
That makes two of us.
I should have 5+ vacation days left. So I don't forsee that being a problem.
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:01 pm
by charlie
sssooooo......
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:01 am
by BrokeAssHachi
andysapp wrote:.....Guess what won't be done and in my car?!?!?!
MY DIFF!!!
That thing will never be done. Hell will freeze over FOERST, lol.
Either way, I can rip an open-diff all day long... so I'm ready to rep tha South! Hahaha... it's gonna be rad!
WTF! dude, you seriously need to take that thing back and get your money, do it yourself. it's not that difficult!
unless they had to machine the housing or something.
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:05 am
by andysapp
BrokeAssHachi wrote:WTF! dude, you seriously need to take that thing back and get your money, do it yourself. it's not that difficult!
unless they had to machine the housing or something.
Naww... this isn't one I'm going to attempt. I friend of mine in Maryland did his build on his... and he told me that if I haven't done a differential before, to take it somewhere. He said it's not the most "diff"icult job, but it's not something I'd want to attempt as a beginner with diffs.
The fitting is extremely tight (1/100" play), and the shimming is difficult. Apparently, the carrier bearings are fragile, and you have to pull them out with a pronged puller each time you need to re-shim. The bearings have been destroyed twice in the process, and since BMW is awesome (they don't sell the bearings solo - you have to buy a $1300 diff), he has to go searching used diffs to get new bearings.
Plus, the whole flat fee of $300 to build it vs. charging me by the hour... he can't work on it all the time, which is understandable to an extent.
Either way, you're right... it's time to take it somewhere else.
I would have done much better this weekend (and every other event this season) if that diff had been done as promised.
Oh well... what doesn't kill ya - makes ya stronger.
